Inner Wheel ladies donate more than £1,000 to EACH’s nook appeal
- Credit: Archant
A cheque for more than £1,000 has been donated to a children’s hospice appeal by the Inner Wheel Club of Bungay.
Women’s from the group recently gathered to hand over the cheque for £1,176 to a representative from East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
The money was raised through the club’s recent Brass on the Grass fundraiser.
The new £10m EACH nook hospice at Framingham Earl will be a purpose-built centre replacing the charity’s 26-year-old Quidenham base.
Work got under way on the new hospice in November last year and it is hoped the centre will be ready to welcome children and their families by March 2019.
You may also want to watch:
The nook will offer more space for palliative care to hundreds of youngsters with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions. It will also offer space for family support groups as well as music, art and play therapy sessions.
Ann Clark, from Bungay Inner Wheel, said: “We are now looking forward to visiting the nook when the building is completed next spring.”
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 4 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 5 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed