Inner Wheel ladies donate more than £1,000 to EACH’s nook appeal
- Credit: Archant
A cheque for more than £1,000 has been donated to a children’s hospice appeal by the Inner Wheel Club of Bungay.
Women’s from the group recently gathered to hand over the cheque for £1,176 to a representative from East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
The money was raised through the club’s recent Brass on the Grass fundraiser.
The new £10m EACH nook hospice at Framingham Earl will be a purpose-built centre replacing the charity’s 26-year-old Quidenham base.
Work got under way on the new hospice in November last year and it is hoped the centre will be ready to welcome children and their families by March 2019.
You may also want to watch:
The nook will offer more space for palliative care to hundreds of youngsters with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions. It will also offer space for family support groups as well as music, art and play therapy sessions.
Ann Clark, from Bungay Inner Wheel, said: “We are now looking forward to visiting the nook when the building is completed next spring.”
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge