Inner Wheel ladies donate more than £1,000 to EACH’s nook appeal
- Credit: Archant
A cheque for more than £1,000 has been donated to a children’s hospice appeal by the Inner Wheel Club of Bungay.
Women’s from the group recently gathered to hand over the cheque for £1,176 to a representative from East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
The money was raised through the club’s recent Brass on the Grass fundraiser.
The new £10m EACH nook hospice at Framingham Earl will be a purpose-built centre replacing the charity’s 26-year-old Quidenham base.
Work got under way on the new hospice in November last year and it is hoped the centre will be ready to welcome children and their families by March 2019.
You may also want to watch:
The nook will offer more space for palliative care to hundreds of youngsters with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions. It will also offer space for family support groups as well as music, art and play therapy sessions.
Ann Clark, from Bungay Inner Wheel, said: “We are now looking forward to visiting the nook when the building is completed next spring.”
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 6 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk PCC candidates outline priorities
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles