Thousands set to enjoy popular rally and country fayre
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of enthusiasts are expected to flock to a popular annual event this weekend.
The Bungay Lions’ classic vehicle rally and country fayre will celebrate its seventh year at Earsham Hall, near Bungay – as more than 400 classic trucks, tractors, motorcycles and cars go on display this Sunday, May 5 from 10am until 4pm.
With the organisers expecting around 4,000 visitors, entry costs £5 per adult with free entry for accompanied under 16s.
A new ‘Best in Show’ award will be presented in 2019 in memory of Peter Farrington, who was well known for his charity work with Lions in the Bungay area. Sadly, Mr Farrington died last year, and his family will present the inaugural award at the event.
The best overall vehicle will be chosen from trophy winners in six categories: Cars, American, military, heavy commercial, tractors and motorcycles,
You may also want to watch:
The classic vehicle rally was the idea of the current Bungay Area Lions Club president, George Eagle.
He said: “Thanks to the support of Earsham Hall owners, Rupert and Annabel Derham, our Classic Vehicle Rally has grown into one of the largest such events in the region.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
“This year, entries for the rally were fully booked weeks earlier than in previous years, and we’re anticipating a strong attendance from vehicle enthusiasts and families.
“The Classic Vehicle Rally and Country Fayre is the largest fundraising event organised by the Bungay Area Lions Club during the year.
“The money we raise goes to support a range of local causes and individuals in need in the local community who need our help.”
Each year, the stunning display of vehicles at Earsham Hall boasts a few surprises, and this year is no exception – with details being kept secret until the day.