Bungay Medical Practice introduces new appointment system to improve efficiency
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A doctors’ surgery in Bungay has changed the way it provides appointments in a bid to provide a more efficient experience for patients.
Bungay Medical Practice, in St John’s Road, introduced its new surgery appointment system on Monday, December 4.
In addition to same day appointments or phone calls with a team member, patients are now being given the option to book routine appointments ahead of time with a doctor of their choice.
A spokesman for the practice said: “To help us ensure the system works as efficiently as possible we are asking two things.
“Firstly, to ensure the most appropriate clinician see you, we ask that you give the reception team a very brief reason for your appointment request so we can accurately place patients with the best doctor, nurse or practitioner to treat them.
You may also want to watch:
“It also allows us to release GP and nurse capacity for the routine planned appointments.
“The second request is patients contacting reception for routine appointments do so after 10am.”
- 1 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 2 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 7 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings