Bungay Medical Practice introduces new appointment system to improve efficiency
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A doctors’ surgery in Bungay has changed the way it provides appointments in a bid to provide a more efficient experience for patients.
Bungay Medical Practice, in St John’s Road, introduced its new surgery appointment system on Monday, December 4.
In addition to same day appointments or phone calls with a team member, patients are now being given the option to book routine appointments ahead of time with a doctor of their choice.
A spokesman for the practice said: “To help us ensure the system works as efficiently as possible we are asking two things.
“Firstly, to ensure the most appropriate clinician see you, we ask that you give the reception team a very brief reason for your appointment request so we can accurately place patients with the best doctor, nurse or practitioner to treat them.
You may also want to watch:
“It also allows us to release GP and nurse capacity for the routine planned appointments.
“The second request is patients contacting reception for routine appointments do so after 10am.”
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 ‘Taking a battering’: medical centre boss reveals public’s treatment of exhausted staff
- 3 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 4 Welcome to our new website
- 5 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 6 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Missing pregnant woman found
- 9 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval
- 10 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found