Bungay Medical Practice introduces new appointment system to improve efficiency
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A doctors’ surgery in Bungay has changed the way it provides appointments in a bid to provide a more efficient experience for patients.
Bungay Medical Practice, in St John’s Road, introduced its new surgery appointment system on Monday, December 4.
In addition to same day appointments or phone calls with a team member, patients are now being given the option to book routine appointments ahead of time with a doctor of their choice.
A spokesman for the practice said: “To help us ensure the system works as efficiently as possible we are asking two things.
“Firstly, to ensure the most appropriate clinician see you, we ask that you give the reception team a very brief reason for your appointment request so we can accurately place patients with the best doctor, nurse or practitioner to treat them.
You may also want to watch:
“It also allows us to release GP and nurse capacity for the routine planned appointments.
“The second request is patients contacting reception for routine appointments do so after 10am.”
- 1 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 2 Village pub opens brand new café
- 3 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 4 New shop sells items made by people who learnt crafts in lockdown
- 5 Man makes comments to 18-year-old before kissing her hand in Bungay
- 6 Your Beccles and Bungay Journal has a new community editor
- 7 Traffic starting to build after crash in Beccles
- 8 Pinocchio the £6,700 pedigree bull smashes cattle market's price record
- 9 Gull numbers 'highest in years' as town to use drones to investigate issue
- 10 Hundreds raised in memory of biking great-grandmother