Bungay netball players strip-off to raise cash for charity
A GROUP of Bungay netball players have stripped off their usual match attire to pose naked for a charity calendar.
The Bungay Town Netball Club have produced the calendar to help raise funds for the Royal British Legion (RBL) and Breast Cancer Care.
Chairman of the club Lianne Purland, said: “We needed to do some fundraising for the club and decided that we could coincide it with some charity work too.
“The Beccles branch of the RBL helped us out when we first started up by providing us with hooded tops. This is why we have decided to give something back to them and also as it is a very important part of today’s world - helping those who have been to fight for our country.
“Breast Cancer Care was a very easy choice when thinking of another charity to give to, being an all female club.
You may also want to watch:
We wanted to raise awareness, within a group of ladies which range from 19-years-old to 50 plus, and show that it doesn’t matter how old you are, it can affect you at any age, shape or size.”
The club, which formed in February 2010, have had 18 local businesses sponsor the calendar with other businesses sending in donations.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 5 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
The photographers were taken by local photographer Emma Helliwell of Emma Helliwell Photography, in Bungay.
Miss Purland added: “Emma gave her time to us for free, giving up evenings and weekends to do the photo shoots.
There were times that she probably got to see more than she bargained for but after a giggle and quick check to make sure all was covered we have ended up with some brilliant shots.”
Club secretary Jade London, added: “When we talked about doing it, it sounded like such a good idea and then when it came to the photo shoot we wondered what we had let ourselves in for. After we did the first though it was fine and we had such a good time doing it. “We hope we can raise a few thousands pounds.”
• The calendars, priced at �7 each, go on sale Saturday at the Buttercross in Bungay from 9am to 1pm, then again on Sunday at the WiRE groups Spoil Yourself Sunday at the Fisher Theatre from 1pm to 5pm. They are also available from Bungay retailers Willows Cafe, Prettys Beauty Salon, Douglas Adams Hairdresses, Chocloate Box and Mike Botwright.
• For more information contact Miss Purland on 01986 893658.