Bungay netball players strip-off to raise cash for charity
A GROUP of Bungay netball players have stripped off their usual match attire to pose naked for a charity calendar.
The Bungay Town Netball Club have produced the calendar to help raise funds for the Royal British Legion (RBL) and Breast Cancer Care.
Chairman of the club Lianne Purland, said: “We needed to do some fundraising for the club and decided that we could coincide it with some charity work too.
“The Beccles branch of the RBL helped us out when we first started up by providing us with hooded tops. This is why we have decided to give something back to them and also as it is a very important part of today’s world - helping those who have been to fight for our country.
“Breast Cancer Care was a very easy choice when thinking of another charity to give to, being an all female club.
You may also want to watch:
We wanted to raise awareness, within a group of ladies which range from 19-years-old to 50 plus, and show that it doesn’t matter how old you are, it can affect you at any age, shape or size.”
The club, which formed in February 2010, have had 18 local businesses sponsor the calendar with other businesses sending in donations.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
The photographers were taken by local photographer Emma Helliwell of Emma Helliwell Photography, in Bungay.
Miss Purland added: “Emma gave her time to us for free, giving up evenings and weekends to do the photo shoots.
There were times that she probably got to see more than she bargained for but after a giggle and quick check to make sure all was covered we have ended up with some brilliant shots.”
Club secretary Jade London, added: “When we talked about doing it, it sounded like such a good idea and then when it came to the photo shoot we wondered what we had let ourselves in for. After we did the first though it was fine and we had such a good time doing it. “We hope we can raise a few thousands pounds.”
• The calendars, priced at �7 each, go on sale Saturday at the Buttercross in Bungay from 9am to 1pm, then again on Sunday at the WiRE groups Spoil Yourself Sunday at the Fisher Theatre from 1pm to 5pm. They are also available from Bungay retailers Willows Cafe, Prettys Beauty Salon, Douglas Adams Hairdresses, Chocloate Box and Mike Botwright.
• For more information contact Miss Purland on 01986 893658.