Bungay netball players strip-off to raise cash for charity
A GROUP of Bungay netball players have stripped off their usual match attire to pose naked for a charity calendar.
The Bungay Town Netball Club have produced the calendar to help raise funds for the Royal British Legion (RBL) and Breast Cancer Care.
Chairman of the club Lianne Purland, said: “We needed to do some fundraising for the club and decided that we could coincide it with some charity work too.
“The Beccles branch of the RBL helped us out when we first started up by providing us with hooded tops. This is why we have decided to give something back to them and also as it is a very important part of today’s world - helping those who have been to fight for our country.
“Breast Cancer Care was a very easy choice when thinking of another charity to give to, being an all female club.
You may also want to watch:
We wanted to raise awareness, within a group of ladies which range from 19-years-old to 50 plus, and show that it doesn’t matter how old you are, it can affect you at any age, shape or size.”
The club, which formed in February 2010, have had 18 local businesses sponsor the calendar with other businesses sending in donations.
- 1 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 2 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 3 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 6 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 7 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 8 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
The photographers were taken by local photographer Emma Helliwell of Emma Helliwell Photography, in Bungay.
Miss Purland added: “Emma gave her time to us for free, giving up evenings and weekends to do the photo shoots.
There were times that she probably got to see more than she bargained for but after a giggle and quick check to make sure all was covered we have ended up with some brilliant shots.”
Club secretary Jade London, added: “When we talked about doing it, it sounded like such a good idea and then when it came to the photo shoot we wondered what we had let ourselves in for. After we did the first though it was fine and we had such a good time doing it. “We hope we can raise a few thousands pounds.”
• The calendars, priced at �7 each, go on sale Saturday at the Buttercross in Bungay from 9am to 1pm, then again on Sunday at the WiRE groups Spoil Yourself Sunday at the Fisher Theatre from 1pm to 5pm. They are also available from Bungay retailers Willows Cafe, Prettys Beauty Salon, Douglas Adams Hairdresses, Chocloate Box and Mike Botwright.
• For more information contact Miss Purland on 01986 893658.