Priest celebrates 50 years of service at “wonderful, inspiring, education” event
- Credit: Archant
A Bungay priest was given the full VIP treatment by his parish as he celebrated his Golden Jubilee.
Father Charles Fitzgerald-Lombard, who has served the St Edmund’s parish since 2006, commemorated 50 years of priesthood with a special assembly at St Edmund’s RC Primary School, in St Mary’s Street.
A spokesman for the school said: “We dedicated an assembly to Father Charles with artwork from each class, special memories of his time with us, poems and singing.
“Parents were invited to celebrate with us - joining us for tea and a slice of his beautiful handmade cake by our fantastic cook Jenny.”
They added: “The quality of the portraits, from all classes, was very high indeed.
You may also want to watch:
“Even the delightful ones from our youngest members captured something of the essence of Father Charles.
“It was a really special event. In short it was a wonderful, inspiring, educational and uplifting celebration assembly.”
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?