Rotary club launches appeal to send aid to Sulawesi following devastating earthquake and tsunami
- Credit: AP
A Bungay charity is appealing to the public to help raise funds to aid those whose lives have been devastated by the Sulawesi earthquake and subsequent tsunami.
The natural disaster has already claimed more than 1,400 lives and Bungay Rotary Club is attempting to raise money to send Shelterboxes to the impacted areas.
The boxes contain essentials which help families of 10 survive for six months.
Terry Reeve, Bungay Rotary Club president, said: “Because the number of disasters is ever-increasing, the clubs’ funds set aside for this purpose are being exhausted.
“Please help us to help them, to help the stricken nation – wherever you are, Bungay or elsewhere, we urge to respond as generously as you can.”
Bungay Rotary Club is also running a quiz evening next Friday, October 12, at 7.30pm to raise funds.
You can donate to the club’s account at Lloyd’s Bank, sort code 30-93-91, account number 45818660.
- 1 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 2 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 5 Memorial garden unveiled as centre's open day is a success
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Suffolk care boss warns fuel costs could soon be unsustainable
- 8 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 9 Call to back campaign to win £20,000 of primary school sports gear
- 10 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
Cheques can be sent to Chris Staines, Hill Farm Old House, St Margaret’s Road, Bungay, NR35 1PL.