Rotary club launches appeal to send aid to Sulawesi following devastating earthquake and tsunami
- Credit: AP
A Bungay charity is appealing to the public to help raise funds to aid those whose lives have been devastated by the Sulawesi earthquake and subsequent tsunami.
The natural disaster has already claimed more than 1,400 lives and Bungay Rotary Club is attempting to raise money to send Shelterboxes to the impacted areas.
The boxes contain essentials which help families of 10 survive for six months.
Terry Reeve, Bungay Rotary Club president, said: “Because the number of disasters is ever-increasing, the clubs’ funds set aside for this purpose are being exhausted.
“Please help us to help them, to help the stricken nation – wherever you are, Bungay or elsewhere, we urge to respond as generously as you can.”
You may also want to watch:
Bungay Rotary Club is also running a quiz evening next Friday, October 12, at 7.30pm to raise funds.
You can donate to the club’s account at Lloyd’s Bank, sort code 30-93-91, account number 45818660.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 4 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
Cheques can be sent to Chris Staines, Hill Farm Old House, St Margaret’s Road, Bungay, NR35 1PL.