Rotary club launches appeal to send aid to Sulawesi following devastating earthquake and tsunami
- Credit: AP
A Bungay charity is appealing to the public to help raise funds to aid those whose lives have been devastated by the Sulawesi earthquake and subsequent tsunami.
The natural disaster has already claimed more than 1,400 lives and Bungay Rotary Club is attempting to raise money to send Shelterboxes to the impacted areas.
The boxes contain essentials which help families of 10 survive for six months.
Terry Reeve, Bungay Rotary Club president, said: “Because the number of disasters is ever-increasing, the clubs’ funds set aside for this purpose are being exhausted.
“Please help us to help them, to help the stricken nation – wherever you are, Bungay or elsewhere, we urge to respond as generously as you can.”
You may also want to watch:
Bungay Rotary Club is also running a quiz evening next Friday, October 12, at 7.30pm to raise funds.
You can donate to the club’s account at Lloyd’s Bank, sort code 30-93-91, account number 45818660.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 10 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
Cheques can be sent to Chris Staines, Hill Farm Old House, St Margaret’s Road, Bungay, NR35 1PL.