Bungay slimming consultant receives top accolade for service to members
- Credit: Archant
A weight-loss expert from Beccles has won an award for the exceptional work she does in helping more than 70 people to lose weight each week.
Sharon Webber, who runs the Bungay Slimming World group, has been awarded Pearl status by the national slimming club in recognition of the service and support she provides for members to help them reach their dream weight.
The accolade is given to Slimming World consultants who consistently have 70 or more members in their group across several months.
It represents the highest level of service in slimming and means Bungay is home to one of the best Slimming World consultants in the UK.
Mrs Webber said: “I am delighted to have received the Pearl award. I absolutely love my job and I think this is a wonderful award to receive.
You may also want to watch:
“Pearls are something beautiful hidden inside an outer shell so it’s a wonderful metaphor for what we do at Slimming World, we help people to shed the misery of excess weight so that they can discover the real them inside and become the person that they always dreamed of being.
“It’s not just about looking different though, it’s about feeling happier, healthier and more confident too. Seeing that transformation in people is what I love most about my job and I’m passionate about helping and supporting my members to change their lives by losing weight.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 5 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 6 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 7 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
Mrs Webber’s members have lost 21.5 stone between them in the last four weeks. They meet every Monday at 5.30pm and 7.30pm at The Chaucer Club in Popson Street.
She said: “I’m the face of the Bungay Slimming World group, but I’ll be sharing this award with my members. They’re the ones who make the group the success it is with their fabulous commitment, the wonderful support they give each other every week, and obviously, their impressive weight losses.
“The group has really put healthy weight loss on the map in Bungay. Obesity is at record levels everywhere and with 60 per cent of adults in Bungay being affected, many people here are suffering a range of weight-related health problems from diabetes to heart problems and feelings of low self-worth that impact on their working and personal lives every day.”
To join call Mrs Webber on 07877814176.