Bungay students organise trip to Barcelona
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Sixth Form leisure studies students have recently spent three days in sunny Barcelona, having researched and planned the trip as part of their course.
Under the supervision of their course tutor, Nathan Brundson, students booked flights, arranged accommodation, reserved internal transfers and booked sight-seeing tours.
The group of 13 shared responsibilities each day from breakfast calls, ensuring everyone had a ‘buddy’ at all times and even making democratic decisions about where to eat!
The highlight of the trip was a tour of the Nou Camp stadium, home to Barcelona Football Club, where students were able to access the changing rooms complete with physio benches and jacuzzi, going pitch-side and into the press box.
The stadium has a museum of the club’s history with an impressive display of cups, medals and memorabilia where the Barcelona hero Lionel Messi was in print at every turn!
You may also want to watch:
Students at Bungay Sixth Form are fortunate to be able to travel abroad as part of their studies and trips to Iceland and Berlin are already in the pipeline for this academic year.
The Sixth Form Centre also offers field trips to the Lake District and North Yorkshire and visits to London and other major cities are frequent.
- 1 Kind-hearted man donates money to vital oxygen therapy centre
- 2 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 3 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 4 Appeal to find missing woman last seen near Suffolk coast
- 5 New day care centre set to open in former Methodist church
- 6 Lorry in collision with a tree near Halesworth
- 7 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Award-winning Suffolk farm announces first ever pop-up restaurant
- 10 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis