Bungay students organise trip to Barcelona
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Sixth Form leisure studies students have recently spent three days in sunny Barcelona, having researched and planned the trip as part of their course.
Under the supervision of their course tutor, Nathan Brundson, students booked flights, arranged accommodation, reserved internal transfers and booked sight-seeing tours.
The group of 13 shared responsibilities each day from breakfast calls, ensuring everyone had a ‘buddy’ at all times and even making democratic decisions about where to eat!
The highlight of the trip was a tour of the Nou Camp stadium, home to Barcelona Football Club, where students were able to access the changing rooms complete with physio benches and jacuzzi, going pitch-side and into the press box.
The stadium has a museum of the club’s history with an impressive display of cups, medals and memorabilia where the Barcelona hero Lionel Messi was in print at every turn!
You may also want to watch:
Students at Bungay Sixth Form are fortunate to be able to travel abroad as part of their studies and trips to Iceland and Berlin are already in the pipeline for this academic year.
The Sixth Form Centre also offers field trips to the Lake District and North Yorkshire and visits to London and other major cities are frequent.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 9 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk