Bungay students organise trip to Barcelona
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Sixth Form leisure studies students have recently spent three days in sunny Barcelona, having researched and planned the trip as part of their course.
Under the supervision of their course tutor, Nathan Brundson, students booked flights, arranged accommodation, reserved internal transfers and booked sight-seeing tours.
The group of 13 shared responsibilities each day from breakfast calls, ensuring everyone had a ‘buddy’ at all times and even making democratic decisions about where to eat!
The highlight of the trip was a tour of the Nou Camp stadium, home to Barcelona Football Club, where students were able to access the changing rooms complete with physio benches and jacuzzi, going pitch-side and into the press box.
The stadium has a museum of the club’s history with an impressive display of cups, medals and memorabilia where the Barcelona hero Lionel Messi was in print at every turn!
You may also want to watch:
Students at Bungay Sixth Form are fortunate to be able to travel abroad as part of their studies and trips to Iceland and Berlin are already in the pipeline for this academic year.
The Sixth Form Centre also offers field trips to the Lake District and North Yorkshire and visits to London and other major cities are frequent.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 7 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist