Bungay Theatre Group raise £500 for charity with latest production
- Credit: Archant
The production of an Agatha Christie Classic by Bungay Theatre Group has raised hundreds for charities in the town.
The theatre company recently staged ‘A Murder is Announced’ at Beccles Public Hall.
Last week the during a presentation at The Fleece Inn the theatre group presented cheques to its chosen causes.
Marie Curies nurses received £200 while another £200 was split between Town Reeve Stephen Went’s chosen charities of Bungay Youth Club and the Falcon Meadow Trust.
In addition £100 has been given to Beccles Public Hall – money which will go towards redecorating its long corridor.
You may also want to watch:
Maureen Alexander, a Marie Curie volunteer who received its cheque, and Mr Went, who is a member of the theatre group, said they were grateful for the group’s generous support.
Bungay Theatre Group’s next show will be at Bungay Community centre on November 10 - an evening to commemorate the centenary of the end of the first world war.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 5 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles