Bungay Theatre Group raise £500 for charity with latest production
- Credit: Archant
The production of an Agatha Christie Classic by Bungay Theatre Group has raised hundreds for charities in the town.
The theatre company recently staged ‘A Murder is Announced’ at Beccles Public Hall.
Last week the during a presentation at The Fleece Inn the theatre group presented cheques to its chosen causes.
Marie Curies nurses received £200 while another £200 was split between Town Reeve Stephen Went’s chosen charities of Bungay Youth Club and the Falcon Meadow Trust.
In addition £100 has been given to Beccles Public Hall – money which will go towards redecorating its long corridor.
You may also want to watch:
Maureen Alexander, a Marie Curie volunteer who received its cheque, and Mr Went, who is a member of the theatre group, said they were grateful for the group’s generous support.
Bungay Theatre Group’s next show will be at Bungay Community centre on November 10 - an evening to commemorate the centenary of the end of the first world war.
- 1 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 2 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 3 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools