Bungay Theatre Group raise £500 for charity with latest production
- Credit: Archant
The production of an Agatha Christie Classic by Bungay Theatre Group has raised hundreds for charities in the town.
The theatre company recently staged ‘A Murder is Announced’ at Beccles Public Hall.
Last week the during a presentation at The Fleece Inn the theatre group presented cheques to its chosen causes.
Marie Curies nurses received £200 while another £200 was split between Town Reeve Stephen Went’s chosen charities of Bungay Youth Club and the Falcon Meadow Trust.
In addition £100 has been given to Beccles Public Hall – money which will go towards redecorating its long corridor.
You may also want to watch:
Maureen Alexander, a Marie Curie volunteer who received its cheque, and Mr Went, who is a member of the theatre group, said they were grateful for the group’s generous support.
Bungay Theatre Group’s next show will be at Bungay Community centre on November 10 - an evening to commemorate the centenary of the end of the first world war.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 8 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 9 Man in court over Norfolk Broads' boat break-ins during lockdown
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day