Bungay Theatre Group raise £500 for charity with latest production
- Credit: Archant
The production of an Agatha Christie Classic by Bungay Theatre Group has raised hundreds for charities in the town.
The theatre company recently staged ‘A Murder is Announced’ at Beccles Public Hall.
Last week the during a presentation at The Fleece Inn the theatre group presented cheques to its chosen causes.
Marie Curies nurses received £200 while another £200 was split between Town Reeve Stephen Went’s chosen charities of Bungay Youth Club and the Falcon Meadow Trust.
In addition £100 has been given to Beccles Public Hall – money which will go towards redecorating its long corridor.
You may also want to watch:
Maureen Alexander, a Marie Curie volunteer who received its cheque, and Mr Went, who is a member of the theatre group, said they were grateful for the group’s generous support.
Bungay Theatre Group’s next show will be at Bungay Community centre on November 10 - an evening to commemorate the centenary of the end of the first world war.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?