Bungay trio gear up for three peaks challenge for community hospital
- Credit: Archant
A trio from Bungay will be taking on a 24 mile-walk over Yorkshire’s highest peaks to raise money for a community hospital.
Twenty-eight-year-old Adam Bedwell will be taking on the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge with his brother-in-law Adam Baker and sister-in-law Lauren, collecting sponsorship for All Hallows Healthcare Trust.
The Trust, which runs All Hallows Hospital and Daycare Centre in Ditchingham, has played an important part in both families’ lives, and the trio are hoping to raise around £500.
Mr Bedwell, 28, said: “I wanted to take part in something to test myself and All Hallows is such a big part of the community and they do so much good work so I thought it would be good to raise some money in the process.
“My mum was born at All Hallows and my partner’s grandad spent his last days there and she said the care was amazing, so All Hallows has got ties to both of our families.
You may also want to watch:
“Adam has done a marathon before and they have both done triathlons but I have never done anything like this before which tests your endurance.”
The team will be setting off on their challenge on July 23, and hope to complete the trek in eight to nine hours.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 9 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
Mr Baker has previously completed the London Marathon and various other long distance routes with his wife, however this will be the first challenge of its kind for Mr Bedwell.
The father of one, who works at Clays in Bungay, said: “I have been going for a run two or three times a week and as a group we have been going for a long walk every Saturday and we have been trying to find some hills although that’s been a bit hard.
“I am really looking forward to it. I have never really tested or pushed myself in an endurance event so it is going to be good.”
And after hearing about their fundraising challenge, the trio were invited along by the All Hallows for a tour of the site.
Mr Bedwell said: “I didn’t realise how many different types of care they offer so it was good to hear about it and it has made us event more enthusiastic to raise as much as we can.”
To sponsor them visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/blackdogs
Are you taking on a special challenge? Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org