Bungay youth choir set for debut concert
- Credit: Archant
The new Bungay youth choir, Cantaria, is busy rehearsing for its debut concert in July.
Formed by Jason Collins, conductor of the Bungay Choral Society, the group meets at the Fisher Theatre every week for rehearsals where Mr Collins is manager.
Members were also excited to receive their new Cantaria tops which they will wear at concerts, and have been sponsored by Danhire Trailers.
Bungay town reeve Terry Reeve has made the choir the focus of his year’s appeal to raise the funding to get it established, and visited a rehearsal this week to see how it was going. He said he was impressed with what he heard.
Donations have been coming in to support the choir, and are still welcome.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone would like to contribute, cheques should be made payable to Bungay Town Trust (Town Reeve’s Appeal), and sent to Mr Collins at the Fisher Theatre, 10 Broad Street, Bungay, NR35 1EE, or to Terry Reeve, 29 St John’s Road, Bungay, NR35 1DH.
The first fundraising event is a supper and river walk at the home of John and Betty Warnes in Beccles Road on Monday, May 25. It will include a raffle and competition. Tickets cost £10, including supper and a glass of wine.
- 1 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 2 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 7 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
To book tickets call Mr and Mrs Warnes on 01986 892855 or Mr Reeve on 01986 896416.