Fundraiser raises around £1,000 for Bungay Youth Project
- Credit: Archant
A host of Bungay stalwarts have raised around £1,000 in support of the town’s youth project.
Sixty people, including Waveney MP Peter Aldous and Suffolk County councillor David Ritchie, gathered at the fundraising lunch party earlier this month.
The event, which was hosted at Betty and John Warnes’ garden, helped raise funds to cover the operating costs of the project.
There are currently more than 100 members, aged between nine and 13-years-old, who visit the Bungay Honeypot Community Centre each Tuesday betwwen 7pm and 9pm.
The project launched last year, with support from Bungay Town Council and Bungay Town Trust, who between them funded the cost of youth workers.
You may also want to watch:
And a former town reeve donated a TV set, Xbox and table tennis table to go along with the pool table the community centre provide.
If you are interested in volunteering for the project contact Mrs Cloke on 01986 894 653.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 4 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 5 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award