Fundraiser raises around £1,000 for Bungay Youth Project
- Credit: Archant
A host of Bungay stalwarts have raised around £1,000 in support of the town’s youth project.
Sixty people, including Waveney MP Peter Aldous and Suffolk County councillor David Ritchie, gathered at the fundraising lunch party earlier this month.
The event, which was hosted at Betty and John Warnes’ garden, helped raise funds to cover the operating costs of the project.
There are currently more than 100 members, aged between nine and 13-years-old, who visit the Bungay Honeypot Community Centre each Tuesday betwwen 7pm and 9pm.
The project launched last year, with support from Bungay Town Council and Bungay Town Trust, who between them funded the cost of youth workers.
You may also want to watch:
And a former town reeve donated a TV set, Xbox and table tennis table to go along with the pool table the community centre provide.
If you are interested in volunteering for the project contact Mrs Cloke on 01986 894 653.
- 1 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 2 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 3 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 4 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 5 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 6 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist