Burn off festive feasts at Bungay Boxing Day fun race
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Hundreds of runners are expected to burn off the excesses of the previous day and take to Bungay Common for the annual Boxing Day Groggy Doggy cross country race.
Professional and amateur runners are invited to take part, with or without their four-legged friends, for the brisk run around the common.
Organised by Bungay Black Dog Running Club, competitors have the choice of a one-lap 2.5-mile or two-lap five-mile course, with an open invitation for runners to wear fancy dress.
A 1.5-mile course is also open for youngsters aged nine to 12.
Ken Hurst, publicity officer at the club, stressed the race was a fun event aimed at people of all abilities.
He said: “We had more than 250 people taking part last year and we expect similar numbers this year.
“It is a glorious mud fest - basically fancy dress in the mud, with everybody hoping for rain or snow to add to the atmosphere.”
- 1 Organisers hail success as 'great' hospital fete makes welcome return
- 2 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 3 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 4 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 5 Man freed from vehicle and taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Obituary: 'Bobby-on-the-beat' who was quick on his feet dies aged 86
- 7 Supermarket bids for earlier opening time 'to serve community for longer'
- 8 Flog It! star officially opens school's specialist centre
- 9 Suffolk's Covid rate trebles as experts warn virus 'hasn't gone away'
- 10 Staff shortages hit 98% of firms, including Suffolk hotels and restaurants
As in previous years, there will be refreshments available including a soup kitchen and a collection of animal food for PACT Animal Sanctuary in Hingham.
PACT cares for all types of unwanted animals including dogs, cats, small furries, farm animals, birds and wildlife.
The event starts at 10.30am and whatever the weather, be prepared for plenty of mud along the way.
For more details and to enter online, go to bungayblackdogrunningclub.co.uk