Burn off festive feasts at Bungay Boxing Day fun race
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Hundreds of runners are expected to burn off the excesses of the previous day and take to Bungay Common for the annual Boxing Day Groggy Doggy cross country race.
Professional and amateur runners are invited to take part, with or without their four-legged friends, for the brisk run around the common.
Organised by Bungay Black Dog Running Club, competitors have the choice of a one-lap 2.5-mile or two-lap five-mile course, with an open invitation for runners to wear fancy dress.
A 1.5-mile course is also open for youngsters aged nine to 12.
Ken Hurst, publicity officer at the club, stressed the race was a fun event aimed at people of all abilities.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We had more than 250 people taking part last year and we expect similar numbers this year.
“It is a glorious mud fest - basically fancy dress in the mud, with everybody hoping for rain or snow to add to the atmosphere.”
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 7 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 8 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
As in previous years, there will be refreshments available including a soup kitchen and a collection of animal food for PACT Animal Sanctuary in Hingham.
PACT cares for all types of unwanted animals including dogs, cats, small furries, farm animals, birds and wildlife.
The event starts at 10.30am and whatever the weather, be prepared for plenty of mud along the way.
For more details and to enter online, go to bungayblackdogrunningclub.co.uk