Burn off festive feasts at Bungay Boxing Day fun race
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Hundreds of runners are expected to burn off the excesses of the previous day and take to Bungay Common for the annual Boxing Day Groggy Doggy cross country race.
Professional and amateur runners are invited to take part, with or without their four-legged friends, for the brisk run around the common.
Organised by Bungay Black Dog Running Club, competitors have the choice of a one-lap 2.5-mile or two-lap five-mile course, with an open invitation for runners to wear fancy dress.
A 1.5-mile course is also open for youngsters aged nine to 12.
Ken Hurst, publicity officer at the club, stressed the race was a fun event aimed at people of all abilities.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We had more than 250 people taking part last year and we expect similar numbers this year.
“It is a glorious mud fest - basically fancy dress in the mud, with everybody hoping for rain or snow to add to the atmosphere.”
- 1 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 2 Kind-hearted man donates money to vital oxygen therapy centre
- 3 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 4 Appeal to find missing woman last seen near Suffolk coast
- 5 Award-winning Suffolk farm announces first ever pop-up restaurant
- 6 New day care centre set to open in former Methodist church
- 7 Lorry in collision with a tree near Halesworth
- 8 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
As in previous years, there will be refreshments available including a soup kitchen and a collection of animal food for PACT Animal Sanctuary in Hingham.
PACT cares for all types of unwanted animals including dogs, cats, small furries, farm animals, birds and wildlife.
The event starts at 10.30am and whatever the weather, be prepared for plenty of mud along the way.
For more details and to enter online, go to bungayblackdogrunningclub.co.uk