Burn off festive feasts at Bungay Boxing Day fun race
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Hundreds of runners are expected to burn off the excesses of the previous day and take to Bungay Common for the annual Boxing Day Groggy Doggy cross country race.
Professional and amateur runners are invited to take part, with or without their four-legged friends, for the brisk run around the common.
Organised by Bungay Black Dog Running Club, competitors have the choice of a one-lap 2.5-mile or two-lap five-mile course, with an open invitation for runners to wear fancy dress.
A 1.5-mile course is also open for youngsters aged nine to 12.
Ken Hurst, publicity officer at the club, stressed the race was a fun event aimed at people of all abilities.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We had more than 250 people taking part last year and we expect similar numbers this year.
“It is a glorious mud fest - basically fancy dress in the mud, with everybody hoping for rain or snow to add to the atmosphere.”
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 9 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
As in previous years, there will be refreshments available including a soup kitchen and a collection of animal food for PACT Animal Sanctuary in Hingham.
PACT cares for all types of unwanted animals including dogs, cats, small furries, farm animals, birds and wildlife.
The event starts at 10.30am and whatever the weather, be prepared for plenty of mud along the way.
For more details and to enter online, go to bungayblackdogrunningclub.co.uk