Burn off those Christmas calories with free guided walk from Brampton to Halesworth
- Credit: Archant
A free guided walk through the Suffolk countryside is being held next week to give people the chance to burn off some of those excess calories gained over the Christmas period.
Organised by the East Suffolk Lines Community Rail Partnership, the walk on Wednesday, December 28, will start at Brampton Station and end in the picturesque market town of Halesworth.
The five-mile Wolfpack Walk takes in numerous sites including the modern house at Belle Grove Farm with its roof top metal dragon contrasting with traditional farmsteads nearby. Part of the route also skirts a former Second World War airfield, home to US fighters famed as ‘Zemke’s Wolfpack’ with their memorial to be seen close to the hedgerows.
The walk is free and open to the public, with the ramble set to follow country footpaths, bridleways and tracks.
The walk leaves Brampton Station just after 11.30am following the arrival of Greater Anglia train services, which leave Ipswich at 10.17am and Lowestoft at 11.07am
You may also want to watch:
The walk will be led by Maureen Colledge and David Bays and is expected to take around two and a half hours. Well behaved dogs are also welcome.
It is recommended that you take along your own drink and snack and wear suitable footwear and waterproof clothing as the route could be muddy in places.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail
The Wolfpack Walk appears in the 2016 edition of the East Suffolk Line Walks Guide, published earlier this year.
For more information or to download your free copy, visit eastsuffolkline.co.uk/walks