Town centre Co-op to close within weeks
- Credit: Google Maps
A supermarket branch is to close after the town centre building was sold.
The Beccles Market Square Co-op, in New Market, will be closing down in a matter of weeks.
Although a date is yet to be announced for the closure, a Co-op spokesperson confirmed it will be the "end of July", adding the closure was "not a reflection of the hard work and commitment" of staff.
They said: "The Co-op is moving forward with a clear purpose and momentum and, while this often involves opening new stores, we also regularly review our existing sites.
"The decision to sell any store is never taken lightly and, only after careful consideration, has our Beccles store been sold.
You may also want to watch:
"Our priority has been to fully support colleagues, ensuring they have all found alternative positions at Co-op, or been transferred to the new operator.
"We would like to thank the community for its support of this store over the years."
- 1 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 More than 150 people enjoy town's first ever Pride event
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Banned motorist admits dangerous driving around town
- 7 Chemical Brothers review: Sensory overload stuns Latitude crowd
- 8 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 New signs to be installed after grandmother killed crossing A143