Town's new artisan market hailed a success after launch
- Credit: Didy Ward
A town's newest market was hailed a success after a roaring trade on opening day.
Around a dozen stalls gathered around the Bungay Butter Cross on Saturday, July 23 for the launch of an artisan street market programme.
Chair of the Bungay Events and Business Association Didy Ward, who was selling her handmade jewellery at the market, said: "Bungay is known for its street markets and we are delighted that a new Saturday Producer’s Market is taking place on the last Saturday of the month, with the next two already booked in and more dates for the autumn and winter to follow.
"We welcome any initiative that sees Bungay buzzing and congratulate the Town Trust on this new and exciting market.
"It is a wonderful way of showcasing what local producers make and do and a great opportunity as a first step to selling for any new business."
The monthly Saturday market will take place alongside the town's traditional Thursday market.
Organised by Emma Beese and Bungay Town Trust, with support from East Suffolk and Bungay Town councils, the event was the latest projects promoted by the town's business campaigner Lucy Walker, who passed away earlier this month.
There will be no pitch fee for traders in 2022 in an attempt to incentivise stallholders to take part.
- 1 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
- 2 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 3 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 4 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 5 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 6 Beccles mother publishes new children's book
- 7 'Bus week' scheme to protect 'lifeline' route in town
- 8 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 9 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
- 10 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
The next markets will take place on August 27 and September 24.
Anyone interested in having a stall should email email@example.com.