Busy time for the region’s camera clubs
- Credit: Archant
The Gilbert Clarke Trophy Competition has been held at Bungay Camera Club.
The competition is between members of the Beccles, Framlingham and Bungay clubs and involved both colour and monochrome prints.
Judge Peter Espley provided an entertaining evening and awarded scores for each print. The overall winner was Bungay Camera Club with 268 points, second was Framlingham with 253 and third was Beccles with 247.
The photograph by Bungay club member Robert Taylor is called ‘Stormy Days’ - it was awarded a maximum 20 points by the judge, along with ‘Cobweb Surprise’ by Marion Ridgley and ‘Click, Click Lightroom’ by Andy Wilson.
Bungay Camera Club meet on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 7.30pm in Broome Village Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Club nights consist of a mixture of competitions, workshops and question-and-answer sessions.
There is also a monthly workshop held at Burgh St Peter Village Hall on a Saturday.
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
Anyone interested in joining the club would be welcome to attend up to three meetings without any commitment to join.
Further details (including the club’s programme) can be found at www.bungaycameraclub.org.uk/
The club is planning a fair and exhibition to be held at Broome Village Hall on Saturday, September 6 - further details will be available nearer the time.
Waveney Valley Camera Club is celebrating its first year.
Jim Ashton, of Waveney Valley Camera Club, which meets at the St John Ambulance Hall, Blyburgate, Beccles, said: “I would like to thank everyone for their hard work and support in making the club a success.
“Please feel free to join us or find out more information by telephoning me on 01502 715713.”
• Two stunning images taken by members include a colourful image of a butterfly and this remarkable monotone print of an ancient stairway.