Busy time for the region’s camera clubs
- Credit: Archant
The Gilbert Clarke Trophy Competition has been held at Bungay Camera Club.
The competition is between members of the Beccles, Framlingham and Bungay clubs and involved both colour and monochrome prints.
Judge Peter Espley provided an entertaining evening and awarded scores for each print. The overall winner was Bungay Camera Club with 268 points, second was Framlingham with 253 and third was Beccles with 247.
The photograph by Bungay club member Robert Taylor is called ‘Stormy Days’ - it was awarded a maximum 20 points by the judge, along with ‘Cobweb Surprise’ by Marion Ridgley and ‘Click, Click Lightroom’ by Andy Wilson.
Bungay Camera Club meet on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 7.30pm in Broome Village Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Club nights consist of a mixture of competitions, workshops and question-and-answer sessions.
There is also a monthly workshop held at Burgh St Peter Village Hall on a Saturday.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 10 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
Anyone interested in joining the club would be welcome to attend up to three meetings without any commitment to join.
Further details (including the club’s programme) can be found at www.bungaycameraclub.org.uk/
The club is planning a fair and exhibition to be held at Broome Village Hall on Saturday, September 6 - further details will be available nearer the time.
Waveney Valley Camera Club is celebrating its first year.
Jim Ashton, of Waveney Valley Camera Club, which meets at the St John Ambulance Hall, Blyburgate, Beccles, said: “I would like to thank everyone for their hard work and support in making the club a success.
“Please feel free to join us or find out more information by telephoning me on 01502 715713.”
• Two stunning images taken by members include a colourful image of a butterfly and this remarkable monotone print of an ancient stairway.