Call for cyclists to join popular charity ride starting from Beccles this weekend
- Credit: James Bass
Cyclists are being urged to put their best pedal forward for a good cause this weekend.
The annual Beccles Cycle for Life starts at 10am on Sunday, May 15, with riders leaving from Sir John Leman High School in Ringsfield Road.
It is organised by the Rotary Club of Beccles and offers a choice of seven, 15, 25, 40 or 50 mile routes on country roads. It is suitable for riders of all ages and abilities and is not a race.
For riders who have not already entered, the fee is £15 per rider, or the family rate of £30 for four family members. Registration opens at 9am.
The ride will support East Anglian Air Ambulance and the Rotary club’s charitable trust.
You may also want to watch:
Sponsored riders who generate £25 in sponsorship (in addition to the entry fee) and pay this in by June 15 will be entered into a free prize draw for a £250 John Lewis gift card and will get another chance for every extra £25.
For riders aged 16 and younger there will be a similar draw for four £25 gift cards with another chance for every £10 they raise.
- 1 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 4 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- 5 Collapsed footbridges replaced on popular walking route after six-year battle
- 6 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 7 Appeal to trace missing man who was last seen in Norwich
- 8 Bridge to be closed overnight with traffic diverted
- 9 'A rare proposition': Construction continues on new development
- 10 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
These prizes have been donated by Norfolk and Suffolk Financial Services Limited and the draw will take place at the Hospital Fete at the end of June.
Lord Somerleyton has again donated two hospitality prizes at the Fritton Arms and Dukes Head for the rider who generates the most sponsorship and the runner-up.
Full details are available at www.becclescycleforlife.org.