Call for cyclists to join popular charity ride starting from Beccles this weekend
- Credit: James Bass
Cyclists are being urged to put their best pedal forward for a good cause this weekend.
The annual Beccles Cycle for Life starts at 10am on Sunday, May 15, with riders leaving from Sir John Leman High School in Ringsfield Road.
It is organised by the Rotary Club of Beccles and offers a choice of seven, 15, 25, 40 or 50 mile routes on country roads. It is suitable for riders of all ages and abilities and is not a race.
For riders who have not already entered, the fee is £15 per rider, or the family rate of £30 for four family members. Registration opens at 9am.
The ride will support East Anglian Air Ambulance and the Rotary club’s charitable trust.
Sponsored riders who generate £25 in sponsorship (in addition to the entry fee) and pay this in by June 15 will be entered into a free prize draw for a £250 John Lewis gift card and will get another chance for every extra £25.
For riders aged 16 and younger there will be a similar draw for four £25 gift cards with another chance for every £10 they raise.
- 1 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 2 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 3 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 4 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 5 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 6 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 7 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 8 Theatre group set for tour of outdoor venues with latest performances
- 9 Suffolk records sunniest June in nearly 50 years
- 10 Organisers hail success as 'great' hospital fete makes welcome return
These prizes have been donated by Norfolk and Suffolk Financial Services Limited and the draw will take place at the Hospital Fete at the end of June.
Lord Somerleyton has again donated two hospitality prizes at the Fritton Arms and Dukes Head for the rider who generates the most sponsorship and the runner-up.
Full details are available at www.becclescycleforlife.org.