Call for young artists to create charity Christmas card
- Credit: Archant
An estate agent and auctioneer is calling on budding young artists to help design their charity Christmas card.
Durrants, which has offices in Beccles and Halesworth, is raising money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and will be sending the cards out to all its clients as well as selling them to the public to raise funds for the charity.
And children aged between four and 16 are invited to submit their drawings to be in with a chance of winning the honour of seeing their design made into a card.
Business development manager for Durrants Dominic Parravani said: “It’s important to involve as many people as possible to make sure we raise awareness as well as raising as much money as we can.”
East Anglian Air Ambulance south norfolk fundraising officer Holly Noon added: “Each mission costs on average £2,800 and we rely solely on public funding, so having the support of Durrants, the wider Beccles community and all they are doing for us is fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“We can’t wait to see the winning design.”
One design from each of Durrant’s offices in Beccles, Diss, Harleston, Halesworth and Southwold will be chosen by the directors and produced into this year’s charity Christmas card, winning £25 cash each.
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 3 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 4 Village's long-awaited community facility one step closer
- 5 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 8 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 9 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 10 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
The cards will be sold from the company’s offices as well as their website from November. You can submit your designs, which must be on A5 paper and in landscape format, by October 16 into any of the Durrants offices, including your full name, age, home address and contact number.
Are you fundraising for charity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org