Can you spot yourself in our Beccles Carnival photo gallery?
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Two days of fun was brought to a close in spectacular style as the annual Beccles Carnival procession wowed crowds in the town.
All the fun of the carnival was on display as a parade full of floats, dancers and music meandered through Beccles, bringing the town to life with samba rhythms and a convoy of vintage vehicles cheered on by spectators who lined the streets.
One spectator, Anne Davey, 74, said: “Nice to see it is still going on. It’s a great community thing, all the people involved are locals and without them it just wouldn’t happen.”
The procession began yesterday at 1pm from Gosford Road before working its way through the town centre, finishing at Beccles Quay for entertainment including live music and funfair rides.
The weekend event had been kicked off on Saturday with the annual fancy dress competition as well as Joe’s Bounce Fit group performing in the arena centre.
You may also want to watch:
This was followed by Beccles Quay Rocks featuring local bands including The New Mojos and Last Minute.
Annette Tackley, senior events co-ordinator of Beccles Carnival, said: “This has been the best carnival ever! I am absolutely amazed with the turnout and the variety of floats we have had – well done to everyone.”
- 1 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 2 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 3 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 4 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Vaccine centres offering walk-in jabs across East Suffolk this week
- 9 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 10 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%