Can you spot yourself in our Bungay Festival of Running picture gallery?
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Record numbers of runners took part in the Bungay Black Dog Festival of Running this weekend, with a new record set in the marathon.
Matthew Jefferies of Waveney Valley Athletics Club ran his first marathon, and managed to take three minutes off the record set five years ago, finishing in 2 hours, 39 minutes and 28 seconds.
The 27 year old said he had a ‘brilliant run’.
Runners came from all over the country and abroad to compete in the event, based at the Maltings Meadow at Ditchingham.
Fulvio Taddeo, from Naples in Italy was among them and joined the Black Dog club because he liked the name, and was the second Black Dog home in the full marathon.
You may also want to watch:
And Bungay runner Jimmy Mack ran the half-marathon with a fridge strapped to his back in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance, raising over £2,000.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 7 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 8 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist