Can you spot yourself in our Bungay Festival of Running picture gallery?
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Record numbers of runners took part in the Bungay Black Dog Festival of Running this weekend, with a new record set in the marathon.
Matthew Jefferies of Waveney Valley Athletics Club ran his first marathon, and managed to take three minutes off the record set five years ago, finishing in 2 hours, 39 minutes and 28 seconds.
The 27 year old said he had a ‘brilliant run’.
Runners came from all over the country and abroad to compete in the event, based at the Maltings Meadow at Ditchingham.
Fulvio Taddeo, from Naples in Italy was among them and joined the Black Dog club because he liked the name, and was the second Black Dog home in the full marathon.
You may also want to watch:
And Bungay runner Jimmy Mack ran the half-marathon with a fridge strapped to his back in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance, raising over £2,000.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 Deadly wartime bombing raids on churches remembered