Candidates announced for town council by-election
- Credit: Archant
The candidates standing for the Halesworth Town Council by-election have been announced.
The seats became vacant following the resignation of Andrew Payne and Tracy Gardner in December, who both no longer live or work in the Halesworth area.
Those standing for the election are Tony Allen, Karen Prime, Jill Reece and Jacqueline Wagner.
Voting will take place on Thursday, March 1, from 7am to 10pm, and two candidates will be elected to fill the vacant seats.
The town council has also now received plenty of suggestions for new street names for developments that may go ahead in Halesworth in the future.
You may also want to watch:
Residents were asked to put forward ideas back in November, with the chance to create a small piece of town history.
The council said the list will be looked at when any new development goes ahead. Anyone still wishing to put ideas forward can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the clerk’s office at Halesworth Town Council, London Road, Halesworth, IP19 8LW.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 3 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation