Cannabis plants found at Beccles home
A HOUSE in Beccles is among three seized by police who found more than 150 cannabis plants.Officers from the Territorial Support Team issued a warrant at a house in Ballygate and discovered more than 40 cannabis plants being grown in two bedrooms at the address.
A HOUSE in Beccles is among three seized by police who found more than 150 cannabis plants.
Officers from the Territorial Support Team issued a warrant at a house in Ballygate and discovered more than 40 cannabis plants being grown in two bedrooms at the address.
48 plants were found inside and a further 14 outside in the back yard of the property.
Police also seized five shotguns from the house.
You may also want to watch:
Following this police then carried out further searches of homes at Herons Close, Oulton Broad, Wenhaston Way in Lowestoft and at Halt Road in Caister-on-Sea - and cannabis plants were found at two of these.
At Herons Close, officers discovered a second cannabis factory where another 48 plants were being grown and these were seized along with growing equipment including lights and hydroponics.
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 8 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
At Wenhaston Way a growing set-up, 44 plants and 19 cuttings were seized and at Halt Road more growing equipment was discovered.
A 55-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of producing cannabis and possession of cannabis with intent to supply, and a 59-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the production of cannabis,
Both have been bailed to return to Lowestoft Police Station on August 20, pending further enquiries.