Cannabis plants found at Beccles home
A HOUSE in Beccles is among three seized by police who found more than 150 cannabis plants.Officers from the Territorial Support Team issued a warrant at a house in Ballygate and discovered more than 40 cannabis plants being grown in two bedrooms at the address.
A HOUSE in Beccles is among three seized by police who found more than 150 cannabis plants.
Officers from the Territorial Support Team issued a warrant at a house in Ballygate and discovered more than 40 cannabis plants being grown in two bedrooms at the address.
48 plants were found inside and a further 14 outside in the back yard of the property.
Police also seized five shotguns from the house.
You may also want to watch:
Following this police then carried out further searches of homes at Herons Close, Oulton Broad, Wenhaston Way in Lowestoft and at Halt Road in Caister-on-Sea - and cannabis plants were found at two of these.
At Herons Close, officers discovered a second cannabis factory where another 48 plants were being grown and these were seized along with growing equipment including lights and hydroponics.
- 1 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 2 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 5 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 6 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 7 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 8 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
At Wenhaston Way a growing set-up, 44 plants and 19 cuttings were seized and at Halt Road more growing equipment was discovered.
A 55-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of producing cannabis and possession of cannabis with intent to supply, and a 59-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the production of cannabis,
Both have been bailed to return to Lowestoft Police Station on August 20, pending further enquiries.