Cannabis plants found at Beccles home
A HOUSE in Beccles is among three seized by police who found more than 150 cannabis plants.Officers from the Territorial Support Team issued a warrant at a house in Ballygate and discovered more than 40 cannabis plants being grown in two bedrooms at the address.
A HOUSE in Beccles is among three seized by police who found more than 150 cannabis plants.
Officers from the Territorial Support Team issued a warrant at a house in Ballygate and discovered more than 40 cannabis plants being grown in two bedrooms at the address.
48 plants were found inside and a further 14 outside in the back yard of the property.
Police also seized five shotguns from the house.
You may also want to watch:
Following this police then carried out further searches of homes at Herons Close, Oulton Broad, Wenhaston Way in Lowestoft and at Halt Road in Caister-on-Sea - and cannabis plants were found at two of these.
At Herons Close, officers discovered a second cannabis factory where another 48 plants were being grown and these were seized along with growing equipment including lights and hydroponics.
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 3 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 4 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 5 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 6 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 7 Vaccine centres offering walk-in jabs across East Suffolk this week
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 10 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
At Wenhaston Way a growing set-up, 44 plants and 19 cuttings were seized and at Halt Road more growing equipment was discovered.
A 55-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of producing cannabis and possession of cannabis with intent to supply, and a 59-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the production of cannabis,
Both have been bailed to return to Lowestoft Police Station on August 20, pending further enquiries.