Car owners warned of vehicle thefts
POLICE are reminding car owners to secure their vehicles and to remove valuables from display when leaving them unattended. It follows an increase in thefts from vehicles, and thefts of vehicles, in the South Norfolk area in the past few weeks.
POLICE are reminding car owners to secure their vehicles and to remove valuables from display when leaving them unattended.
It follows an increase in thefts from vehicles, and thefts of vehicles, in the South Norfolk area in the past few weeks.
Inspector James Brown who leads the policing teams in Wymondham, Hethersett, Mulbarton, Poringland and Loddon said: “It is important that people remember to remove anything from view from their vehicle that might tempt a passing thief and that cars should always be locked and secure, with they keys removed from the ignition - even if only leaving the vehicle for a few moments.”
Additional crime prevention advice offered by Norfolk Police includes:
You may also want to watch:
Don't leave anything on display in your car.
Take your belongings with you when you leave the car- if you can't, lock them in the boot before you start your journey.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 4 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 5 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 6 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 7 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020
Fit an electronic immobiliser- this will prevent the car from starting.
Mechanical immobilisers, such as steering wheel locks, are a good alternative to electronic immobilisers.
Fit locking wheel nuts.
Get an alarm installed.
Consider marking all your valuables that you frequently take in your car.
Lock all doors and close windows and the sun roof every time you leave your car unattended.
If you have a garage, use it. If you don't always try and park in a well lit open place.
Always lock your car and garage.
For further crime prevention advice visit www.norfolk.police.uk. or contact your local Safer Neighbourhood Team on 0845 456 4567.