Catalytic converter marking event in Halesworth following recent spate of thefts
- Credit: IAN BURT
Following a recent spate of catalytic converter thefts across the county, residents are being invited to have their catalytic converters security marked at an event in Halesworth tomorrow.
Officers from the Southwold & Halesworth Safer Neighbourhood Team have organised the event at Halesworth Police Station from 10am to 2pm.
Each converter will be coded with a unique number, which makes it easier to trace back to the vehicle if it is stolen. Officers will also be on hand to give advice about the measures you can take to protect your vehicle.
There is a nominal £5 fee for the marking, which is passed to Four Towns’ Crime Prevention Panel to buy security equipment such as alarmed padlocks and state of the art remote controlled shed and garage alarms, alarmed door-wedges plus numerous other gadgets - all of which are then available for members of the public to buy at discounted rates. This equipment can then be purchased through the Safer Neighbourhood Teams.
Only vehicles weighing up to three tonnes and without air suspension can be marked on the day, if you would like to check beforehand to see if your vehicle is suitable, call the Southwold & Halesworth Safer Neighbourhood Team on 101.
You may also want to watch:
No appointment is necessary and marking takes around twenty minutes.
- 1 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 2 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 3 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 4 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 5 ‘World class’ Suffolk engineering company gets royal seal of approval
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Staff shortages in Southwold as workers isolate after Latitude Festival
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk