Celebration of flop shows comes to Beccles Public Hall
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Lovers of musical theatre should on no account miss Flopsical!!! - a celebration of flop shows from Broadway and the West End that is coming to Beccles next month.
The history of the musical is full of shows that failed and been long forgotten, but that left us with unforgettable songs, the work of great names such as Rodgers and Hart, Noel Coward, Irving Berlin, Ivor Novello, Jerome Kern and Vincent Youmans.
Flopsical!!! is a fast-moving and funny mixture of music and stories, a bouquet of classic standards.
It features the cast that brought the popular and highly successful Cowards in the Wings - Helen McDermott and Adrian Wright, joined by Susie Turner, accompanied by Annette Jude, and interrupted by John Knowles.
The original title music is by East Anglia-based composer Nathan Williamson.
You may also want to watch:
There are treats galore, including a love song to a pony (!), a ditty in praise of wallpaper (!) and a selection of songs from probably the most notorious British musical of all time, John Osborne’s The World of Paul Slickey, numbers unheard since the show closed in 1959.
Flopsical!!! opens at Beccles Public Hall on Sunday, September 7 at 7.30pm.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
More information may be found at www.mustclosesaturday.co.uk