Help for Heroes fundraiser reaches £10,000 milestone
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A committed charity baker is celebrating after reaching a major fundraising milestone.
Following the success of cake stalls in Beccles on June 15 and Sotterley Country Fair on Sunday, David Brown has raised more than £10,000 over the past 12 months.
Since 2009 Mr Brown has donated all proceeds to Help for Heroes, a move inspired by his late wife, Pat, and her passion for Armed Forces Day.
In 10 years, his work has generated nearly £90,000 for the charity, which helps service personnel suffering with physical and mental disabilities.
"I'm absolutely elated to reach this mark," said Mr Brown. I always hope to get £10,000, but when it happens it is such a bonus.
You may also want to watch:
"The people of Beccles have been so good to me in recent times and we had a wonderful day in Sotterley. I'm at £10,787.80 for the year and I've still got my biggest sale to come!"
Mr Brown will hold his annual Armed Forces Day celebration at his Burgh St Peter garden from 8am on Saturday, June 29.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles