Help for Heroes fundraiser reaches £10,000 milestone
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A committed charity baker is celebrating after reaching a major fundraising milestone.
Following the success of cake stalls in Beccles on June 15 and Sotterley Country Fair on Sunday, David Brown has raised more than £10,000 over the past 12 months.
Since 2009 Mr Brown has donated all proceeds to Help for Heroes, a move inspired by his late wife, Pat, and her passion for Armed Forces Day.
In 10 years, his work has generated nearly £90,000 for the charity, which helps service personnel suffering with physical and mental disabilities.
"I'm absolutely elated to reach this mark," said Mr Brown. I always hope to get £10,000, but when it happens it is such a bonus.
You may also want to watch:
"The people of Beccles have been so good to me in recent times and we had a wonderful day in Sotterley. I'm at £10,787.80 for the year and I've still got my biggest sale to come!"
Mr Brown will hold his annual Armed Forces Day celebration at his Burgh St Peter garden from 8am on Saturday, June 29.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed