Charity baker overwhelmed with support as date for next stall is set
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown will be holding another fundraising stall in Beccles this weekend.
Mr Brown, of Burgh St Peter, will be in Exchange Square Saturday, March 10, from 8am to 2pm raising funds for Help for Heroes.
He will be selling his usual savoury pasties and pies as well as a selection of homemade cakes.
At his last stall on February 24, Mr Brown raised £600 for the cause, including a donation of £100 by a woman visiting the stall.
Mr Brown said: “I was so gobsmacked I forgot to ask her name, but I would like to thank her and everyone else who supported my stall that day.”
Mr Brown also thanked Tesco in Beccles, which has provided a donation towards ingredients for his goodies.
Mr Brown and his late wife Pat started supporting the charity in 2009, and since last July £4,675 has been added to the fundraising pot.
- 1 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 2 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 Celebration of food and drink gearing up for return this weekend
- 6 Chainsaws, drills and hedge trimmers stolen in farm burglary
- 7 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 8 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 9 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 10 Wanted woman arrested in Lowestoft
To pre-order items from Mr Brown in advance, call 01502 677225.