Charity baker overwhelmed with support as date for next stall is set
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown will be holding another fundraising stall in Beccles this weekend.
Mr Brown, of Burgh St Peter, will be in Exchange Square Saturday, March 10, from 8am to 2pm raising funds for Help for Heroes.
He will be selling his usual savoury pasties and pies as well as a selection of homemade cakes.
At his last stall on February 24, Mr Brown raised £600 for the cause, including a donation of £100 by a woman visiting the stall.
Mr Brown said: “I was so gobsmacked I forgot to ask her name, but I would like to thank her and everyone else who supported my stall that day.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Brown also thanked Tesco in Beccles, which has provided a donation towards ingredients for his goodies.
Mr Brown and his late wife Pat started supporting the charity in 2009, and since last July £4,675 has been added to the fundraising pot.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
To pre-order items from Mr Brown in advance, call 01502 677225.