Charity baker prepares for next Help for Heroes fundraiser
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown will be holding another fundraising stall for Help for Heroes in Beccles next weekend.
Mr Brown, of Burgh St Peter, will be in Exchange Square on Saturday, April 14, from 8am to 3pm raising funds for the forces charity.
He will be selling his usual selection of savouries, including sausage rolls, pork pies, beef pasties and lamb pasties, as well as a range of cakes including some new recipes from an Irish cookery book.
Mr Brown and his late wife Pat have been raising money for the charity since 2009, inspired by their daughter Sally Williams, who served in the army for almost 24 years.
His stall last month raised £618 for the cause, with Mr Brown setting his sights on reaching the £100,000 milestone in his wife’s memory.
You may also want to watch:
To pre-order goodies from Mr Brown ahead of the stall, contact him on 01502 677225.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus