Charity baker prepares for next Help for Heroes fundraiser
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown will be holding another fundraising stall for Help for Heroes in Beccles next weekend.
Mr Brown, of Burgh St Peter, will be in Exchange Square on Saturday, April 14, from 8am to 3pm raising funds for the forces charity.
He will be selling his usual selection of savouries, including sausage rolls, pork pies, beef pasties and lamb pasties, as well as a range of cakes including some new recipes from an Irish cookery book.
Mr Brown and his late wife Pat have been raising money for the charity since 2009, inspired by their daughter Sally Williams, who served in the army for almost 24 years.
His stall last month raised £618 for the cause, with Mr Brown setting his sights on reaching the £100,000 milestone in his wife’s memory.
You may also want to watch:
To pre-order goodies from Mr Brown ahead of the stall, contact him on 01502 677225.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home