Charity baker looks to £80,000 milestone as date for next stall is set
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown will be back in Beccles for another fundraising stall next weekend.
Mr Brown, of Burgh St Peter, will be in Exchange Square on Saturday, February 24, from 8am to 2pm raising funds for Help for Heroes.
He will be selling individual sausage rolls, pork pies, beef pasties, lamb pasties and ploughman’s pasties. He will also be offering family size beef and vegetable and chicken and bacon pies, along with a selection of homemade cakes.
Mr Brown and his late wife Pat have raised more than £77,000 for the charity to date, with Mr Brown hopeful of reaching the £80,000 mark by July this year.
The couple were inspired to start fundraising for Help for Heroes through their daughter Sally Williams, who has served in the army for more than 20 years.
You may also want to watch:
His first stall of 2018, held on January 27, raised £738 for the cause.
To pre-order goodies from Mr Brown in advance, call 01502 677225.
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 3 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 4 Cause for optimism in Norfolk as Delta variant Covid cases remain low
- 5 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 6 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 7 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
- 8 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 9 'Everyone recognises me now' - Plant continues to grow at rapid rate
- 10 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot