Charity baker looks to £80,000 milestone as date for next stall is set
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown will be back in Beccles for another fundraising stall next weekend.
Mr Brown, of Burgh St Peter, will be in Exchange Square on Saturday, February 24, from 8am to 2pm raising funds for Help for Heroes.
He will be selling individual sausage rolls, pork pies, beef pasties, lamb pasties and ploughman’s pasties. He will also be offering family size beef and vegetable and chicken and bacon pies, along with a selection of homemade cakes.
Mr Brown and his late wife Pat have raised more than £77,000 for the charity to date, with Mr Brown hopeful of reaching the £80,000 mark by July this year.
The couple were inspired to start fundraising for Help for Heroes through their daughter Sally Williams, who has served in the army for more than 20 years.
You may also want to watch:
His first stall of 2018, held on January 27, raised £738 for the cause.
To pre-order goodies from Mr Brown in advance, call 01502 677225.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 6 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 7 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 10 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020