Charity baker prepares for next Beccles Help for Heroes stall
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown will be holding one of his cake and chutney stalls in Beccles next weekend.
Mr Brown, of Burgh St Peter, will be setting up his stall in Exchange Square on Saturday, March 4.
He will be selling his usual array of homemade chutneys and cakes, with proceeds going to Help for Heroes.
Mr Brown and his late wife Pat started supporting the charity in 2009, inspired by their daughter Sally, a Staff Sergeant who has served in the army for more than 21 years.
They started off holding an Armed Forces Day event at their home and since then it has become a highlight on the village calendar.
You may also want to watch:
Last year he smashed his £50,000 fundraising target and since then he has vowed to hit the £100,000 mark.
And since last July, Mr Brown has already raised almost £8,000.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 3 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 4 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 5 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 6 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 7 Renowned 'craft brewery' snapped up by trio of beer lovers
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 10 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
To place an order in advance call 01502 677225.