Charity baker prepares for next Beccles Help for Heroes stall
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown will be holding one of his cake and chutney stalls in Beccles next weekend.
Mr Brown, of Burgh St Peter, will be setting up his stall in Exchange Square on Saturday, March 4.
He will be selling his usual array of homemade chutneys and cakes, with proceeds going to Help for Heroes.
Mr Brown and his late wife Pat started supporting the charity in 2009, inspired by their daughter Sally, a Staff Sergeant who has served in the army for more than 21 years.
They started off holding an Armed Forces Day event at their home and since then it has become a highlight on the village calendar.
You may also want to watch:
Last year he smashed his £50,000 fundraising target and since then he has vowed to hit the £100,000 mark.
And since last July, Mr Brown has already raised almost £8,000.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 8 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 9 HGV driver faces trial after death of great-grandmother
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
To place an order in advance call 01502 677225.