Charity baker prepares for next Beccles Help for Heroes stall
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown will be holding one of his cake and chutney stalls in Beccles next weekend.
Mr Brown, of Burgh St Peter, will be setting up his stall in Exchange Square on Saturday, March 4.
He will be selling his usual array of homemade chutneys and cakes, with proceeds going to Help for Heroes.
Mr Brown and his late wife Pat started supporting the charity in 2009, inspired by their daughter Sally, a Staff Sergeant who has served in the army for more than 21 years.
They started off holding an Armed Forces Day event at their home and since then it has become a highlight on the village calendar.
You may also want to watch:
Last year he smashed his £50,000 fundraising target and since then he has vowed to hit the £100,000 mark.
And since last July, Mr Brown has already raised almost £8,000.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Tributes to much-loved mother who 'cared for everyone'
- 3 Former soldier jailed after pointing fake gun at ex-partner
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 5 More walk-in Covid vaccine appointments offered at town pharmacy
- 6 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 7 Latitude decision will be made by end of the week, boss says
- 8 Two-car crash on A12 causes delays
- 9 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 10 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
To place an order in advance call 01502 677225.