Charity benefits from suitcase full of presents collected by Beccles travel agents
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A suitcase full of presents has been sent to a charity for women and children fleeing domestic abuse, thanks to shoppers in Beccles.
The Co-operative Travel in Beales Department Store launched its Santa’s Suitcase appeal in November and has been collecting new toys and gifts to be sent to local families this Christmas.
The suitcase was overflowing with puzzles, teddy bears and gift sets which were collected on Wednesday and sent to The Liberty Project.
Sarah Rice, senior travel consultant, said: “It is something we do every year.
“We have been given a really good selection of toys and all of our customers have been very supportive and generous.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity provides a safe and secure environment for families fleeing domestic abuse, and tries to encourage women to regain control of their lives and live independently.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk PCC candidates outline priorities