Charity benefits from suitcase full of presents collected by Beccles travel agents
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A suitcase full of presents has been sent to a charity for women and children fleeing domestic abuse, thanks to shoppers in Beccles.
The Co-operative Travel in Beales Department Store launched its Santa’s Suitcase appeal in November and has been collecting new toys and gifts to be sent to local families this Christmas.
The suitcase was overflowing with puzzles, teddy bears and gift sets which were collected on Wednesday and sent to The Liberty Project.
Sarah Rice, senior travel consultant, said: “It is something we do every year.
“We have been given a really good selection of toys and all of our customers have been very supportive and generous.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity provides a safe and secure environment for families fleeing domestic abuse, and tries to encourage women to regain control of their lives and live independently.
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 3 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 8 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 9 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home