Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- Credit: Mick Howes
A popular bank holiday gala day has been cancelled for only the second time in its history.
The Lowestoft Lions’ main charity event of the year - the Oulton Broad Gala Day - was set to take place on August 30.
A scaled-down Mini Gala Day was due to be held at Nicholas Everitt Park on Oulton Broad in just over two months time.
But the Lowestoft Lions club announced this week that, "with regret," the replacement event will not now take place as originally hoped.
Team Gala spokesman Mark Lanham said: “It was a difficult but necessary decision for the organising committee to take.
You may also want to watch:
"The need for enhanced Covid compliant public safety measures and the logistics in implementing these procedures forced the decision.
“While recognising this news is hugely disappointing for many, we hope that a similar event could return in 2022.”
- 1 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 2 More than 150 people enjoy town's first ever Pride event
- 3 Banned motorist admits dangerous driving around town
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 7 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 8 Care worker in court for causing A145 motorcycle crash
- 9 New signs to be installed after grandmother killed crossing A143
- 10 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests