Concern grows for missing Norfolk man, 84, last seen on bus across county
- Credit: Archant
A missing 84-year-old could have travelled to Grimsby, police say as they re-appeal for help to trace him.
Charles Bampton, of Kittens Lane, Loddon, was last seen at around 8.30am on Wednesday, August 19.
Norfolk Police have established he travelled from Loddon to King’s Lynn by bus, via Norwich, and arrived at 11.15am.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: “It is believed Charles may have then travelled from King’s Lynn to the Grimsby area, where he is known to have family.
“CCTV has captured Charles travelling by bus on Wednesday and officers are now releasing an image in the hope it may help locate him.”
Mr Bampton is described as white, approximately 5ft 8ins tall, of slim build with grey hair and a grey beard.
You may also want to watch:
He is believed to be wearing grey trousers, a red chequered shirt, a grey coat and bright white trainers.
He was also carrying a red carrier bag with the word ‘sale’ written on the side.
- 1 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
Anyone who may have seen Mr Bampton, or knows his current whereabouts, is urged to contact officers on 101, quoting incident number 420 of August 19.