Concern grows for missing Norfolk man, 84, last seen on bus across county
- Credit: Archant
A missing 84-year-old could have travelled to Grimsby, police say as they re-appeal for help to trace him.
Charles Bampton, of Kittens Lane, Loddon, was last seen at around 8.30am on Wednesday, August 19.
Norfolk Police have established he travelled from Loddon to King’s Lynn by bus, via Norwich, and arrived at 11.15am.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: “It is believed Charles may have then travelled from King’s Lynn to the Grimsby area, where he is known to have family.
“CCTV has captured Charles travelling by bus on Wednesday and officers are now releasing an image in the hope it may help locate him.”
Mr Bampton is described as white, approximately 5ft 8ins tall, of slim build with grey hair and a grey beard.
You may also want to watch:
He is believed to be wearing grey trousers, a red chequered shirt, a grey coat and bright white trainers.
He was also carrying a red carrier bag with the word ‘sale’ written on the side.
- 1 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 2 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 3 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 4 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 5 Spate of catalytic converter thefts from vehicles sparks warning
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Tariff for housebuilders to protect East Suffolk habitats
- 8 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 9 Limit on mourners at funerals to be lifted from May 17
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
Anyone who may have seen Mr Bampton, or knows his current whereabouts, is urged to contact officers on 101, quoting incident number 420 of August 19.