Concern grows for missing Norfolk man, 84, last seen on bus across county
- Credit: Archant
A missing 84-year-old could have travelled to Grimsby, police say as they re-appeal for help to trace him.
Charles Bampton, of Kittens Lane, Loddon, was last seen at around 8.30am on Wednesday, August 19.
Norfolk Police have established he travelled from Loddon to King’s Lynn by bus, via Norwich, and arrived at 11.15am.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: “It is believed Charles may have then travelled from King’s Lynn to the Grimsby area, where he is known to have family.
“CCTV has captured Charles travelling by bus on Wednesday and officers are now releasing an image in the hope it may help locate him.”
Mr Bampton is described as white, approximately 5ft 8ins tall, of slim build with grey hair and a grey beard.
You may also want to watch:
He is believed to be wearing grey trousers, a red chequered shirt, a grey coat and bright white trainers.
He was also carrying a red carrier bag with the word ‘sale’ written on the side.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 7 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 8 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 9 Six million PPE items arriving in Suffolk found to be unsafe
- 10 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
Anyone who may have seen Mr Bampton, or knows his current whereabouts, is urged to contact officers on 101, quoting incident number 420 of August 19.