Concern grows for missing Norfolk man, 84, last seen on bus across county
- Credit: Archant
A missing 84-year-old could have travelled to Grimsby, police say as they re-appeal for help to trace him.
Charles Bampton, of Kittens Lane, Loddon, was last seen at around 8.30am on Wednesday, August 19.
Norfolk Police have established he travelled from Loddon to King’s Lynn by bus, via Norwich, and arrived at 11.15am.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: “It is believed Charles may have then travelled from King’s Lynn to the Grimsby area, where he is known to have family.
“CCTV has captured Charles travelling by bus on Wednesday and officers are now releasing an image in the hope it may help locate him.”
Mr Bampton is described as white, approximately 5ft 8ins tall, of slim build with grey hair and a grey beard.
You may also want to watch:
He is believed to be wearing grey trousers, a red chequered shirt, a grey coat and bright white trainers.
He was also carrying a red carrier bag with the word ‘sale’ written on the side.
- 1 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 8 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
Anyone who may have seen Mr Bampton, or knows his current whereabouts, is urged to contact officers on 101, quoting incident number 420 of August 19.