Cheaper travel for pensioners
PENSIONERS are set to benefit from cheaper travel after a district council offered cut price rail cards.Residents over the age of 60 will be able to buy a senior citizen rail card from South Norfolk Council for �19.
PENSIONERS are set to benefit from cheaper travel after a district council offered cut price rail cards.
Residents over the age of 60 will be able to buy a senior citizen rail card from South Norfolk Council for �19.50 instead of the �26 charged by train companies.
It comes after the local authority bought a bulk load of new cards at a lower rate.
Senior citizens can buy the cards at the South Norfolk Council headquarters in Long Stratton, the Council Information Centre at The Forum, Norwich, Diss Town Council offices and at Harleston Information Plus.
You may also want to watch:
Applicants can also register online at www.south-norfolk.gov.uk or by phoning 01508 533880.
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 3 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 4 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 7 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message