Cheaper travel for pensioners
PENSIONERS are set to benefit from cheaper travel after a district council offered cut price rail cards.Residents over the age of 60 will be able to buy a senior citizen rail card from South Norfolk Council for �19.
PENSIONERS are set to benefit from cheaper travel after a district council offered cut price rail cards.
Residents over the age of 60 will be able to buy a senior citizen rail card from South Norfolk Council for �19.50 instead of the �26 charged by train companies.
It comes after the local authority bought a bulk load of new cards at a lower rate.
Senior citizens can buy the cards at the South Norfolk Council headquarters in Long Stratton, the Council Information Centre at The Forum, Norwich, Diss Town Council offices and at Harleston Information Plus.
You may also want to watch:
Applicants can also register online at www.south-norfolk.gov.uk or by phoning 01508 533880.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place