Cheaper travel for pensioners
PENSIONERS are set to benefit from cheaper travel after a district council offered cut price rail cards.Residents over the age of 60 will be able to buy a senior citizen rail card from South Norfolk Council for �19.
PENSIONERS are set to benefit from cheaper travel after a district council offered cut price rail cards.
Residents over the age of 60 will be able to buy a senior citizen rail card from South Norfolk Council for �19.50 instead of the �26 charged by train companies.
It comes after the local authority bought a bulk load of new cards at a lower rate.
Senior citizens can buy the cards at the South Norfolk Council headquarters in Long Stratton, the Council Information Centre at The Forum, Norwich, Diss Town Council offices and at Harleston Information Plus.
You may also want to watch:
Applicants can also register online at www.south-norfolk.gov.uk or by phoning 01508 533880.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 6 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk PCC candidates outline priorities
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles