Series of events planned as part of extended Christian Aid Week
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Bungay’s Christian Aid committee is planning a month of events in May.
It has extended the usual Christian Aid Week to spread it over four weeks and make it more convenient for people to support more of the events.
These begin on Sunday, May 13 with a Christian Aid service at Emmanuel Church – featuring a guest speaker from the charity – at 10.30am. Next Thursday, May 17 a town street collection takes place. A Spring fair, featuring numerous stalls, is held from 10am to 1pm on Saturday, May 19 in Emmanuel Church’s Orange Hall.
On Sunday, May 27, from 2.30pm to 4.30pm an entertaining afternoon of music, words and homemade scones is held in Emmanuel Church, featuring the Waveney Brass Ensemble. And on Saturday, June 9, at 7pm, a quiz will be held in Emmanuel Church’s Orange Hall.
Tickets for the events are available from Rod Woods on 01986 893294, or Tim Durell on 01986 894566.
You may also want to watch:
With Christian Aid week running between May 13-19, this year’s national campaign features the plight of the people of Haiti, with the strapline “Together we’re stronger than the storms.”
Bungay Christian Aid sees christians from the town’s Holy Trinity and Emmanuel churches working together to help some of the poorest people on the planet.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?