Series of events planned as part of extended Christian Aid Week
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Bungay’s Christian Aid committee is planning a month of events in May.
It has extended the usual Christian Aid Week to spread it over four weeks and make it more convenient for people to support more of the events.
These begin on Sunday, May 13 with a Christian Aid service at Emmanuel Church – featuring a guest speaker from the charity – at 10.30am. Next Thursday, May 17 a town street collection takes place. A Spring fair, featuring numerous stalls, is held from 10am to 1pm on Saturday, May 19 in Emmanuel Church’s Orange Hall.
On Sunday, May 27, from 2.30pm to 4.30pm an entertaining afternoon of music, words and homemade scones is held in Emmanuel Church, featuring the Waveney Brass Ensemble. And on Saturday, June 9, at 7pm, a quiz will be held in Emmanuel Church’s Orange Hall.
Tickets for the events are available from Rod Woods on 01986 893294, or Tim Durell on 01986 894566.
You may also want to watch:
With Christian Aid week running between May 13-19, this year’s national campaign features the plight of the people of Haiti, with the strapline “Together we’re stronger than the storms.”
Bungay Christian Aid sees christians from the town’s Holy Trinity and Emmanuel churches working together to help some of the poorest people on the planet.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?