When are the bank holidays this Christmas?
- Credit: PA
Looking forward to having some time off this Christmas?
This year we get to enjoy some extended periods off due to when the bank holidays fall in December and January.
As Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day are on a weekend, the bank holidays have been rearranged for during the week.
This year there will be bank holidays on December 27 and December 28 as substitute days for Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
As New Year's Day also falls on a Saturday, January 3 is given as a bank holiday to make up for it.
In 2022 there are more bank holidays on offer as the Queen's Platinum Jubilee provides us with an extra day off on Friday, June 3.
The usual bank holiday on Monday, May 30, has been moved to Thursday, June 2, to allow for a four-day celebration.
- 1 Family and friends raise £4,000 and walk in memory of Bungay man
- 2 Man's act of kindness to donate Christmas meals to vulnerable
- 3 Man taken to hospital after two vehicle crash in north Suffolk
- 4 'Destiny' of Bungay now in its own hands amid overhaul of services
- 5 Delight as town's Christmas Tree Festival is roaring success
- 6 Police release CCTV after Honda stolen from car park
- 7 Omicron - How it impacts region, local shops and public transport
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 'Fascinating craft' to be demonstrated during special exhibition
- 10 Celebrate Christmas while supporting charity at special concert