Church forum puts focus on community
A FORUM of churches in Norfolk and Waveney is poised to discuss the changing face of church and community life in the county this week.Speakers on population, climate change and housing will debate the issues facing communities at Heacham Church on Saturday.
A FORUM of churches in Norfolk and Waveney is poised to discuss the changing face of church and community life in the county this week.
Speakers on population, climate change and housing will debate the issues facing communities at Heacham Church on Saturday.
The Bishop of Lynn, the Rt Rev James Langstaff, who works with the Flagship Housing Group in the East of England, said he will talk about affordable housing and other problems faced by rural communities. High house prices mean that certain people in communities are moving away, he said.
“As churches are involved in their local communities these are issues that they need to be involved in,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Lincolnshire-based the Rev David de Verny will be talking about population and better engagement with migrant workers, while academic Keith Tovey, who specialises in climate change at the UEA, will talk about the problems faced by climate change, what individuals, and particularly the church as a community, can do to alleviate it and the future of where we will get our energy from.
Seven Christian denominations make up Churches Together, including Baptist, Church of England, Methodist, Religious Society of Friends, Roman Catholic, Salvation Army, United Reformed Church and Russian Orthodox.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
The forum will take place at Heacham Church on Saturday. There is a booking fee of £6 payable to Norfolk and Waveney Churches Together. Send it to The County Ecumenical Officer, 21 Homefield Paddock, Beccles, NR34 9NE.