City stars visit Beccles
TWO Norwich City FC stars past and present were in Beccles yesterday to officially open a new men's haircutters.Up and coming striker Chris Martin, who lives in Beccles, and Norwich legend Jeremy Goss, visited Raw Haircutters in Grove Road to open the shop and engage in a question and answer session.
TWO Norwich City FC stars past and present were in Beccles yesterday to officially open a new men's haircutters.
Up and coming striker Chris Martin, who lives in Beccles, and Norwich legend Jeremy Goss, visited Raw Haircutters in Grove Road to open the shop and engage in a question and answer session.
And Mr Martin, 19, was even treated to a trim by owner Rachel Fleet.
Raw, an offshoot of the unisex salon VeeWon which is also run by Miss Fleet, opened for business last week but was officially opened during a champagne reception yesterday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The visit from Mr Goss and Mr Martin was arranged by Rachel's partner Darran Lovell, who works at Norwich City as an Academy Goalkeeping Coach and is a member of their Football in the Community team.
“From my point of view it's not a Norwich City thing but a personal thing because I'm a personal friend of Darran's,” said Mr Goss.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
Chris, who had just come back from a summer break in Greece, said that he was impressed by the new haircutters and was pleased with his haircut.
After his haircut he answered questions regarding the new manager, the importance of being strong in today's game, and his run in the first team at the end of the 2006/2007
He said: “I couldn't believe my luck at the time, I never really thought that I would play and I just seemed to get better and better.
“I'm generally quite confident when I step out onto the pitch but when you're getting praised and you're scoring goals you really get the confidence to do well.
“I've been working hard over the summer and I'm looking forward to trying to force
my way into the first team picture, because last season was disappointing.”
Raw is open Monday to Saturday.
For more information call 01502 717555.