Come on, get ready to party!
BECCLES Carnival takes place on Sunday with something to offer for all the family.The fun begins tomorrow at noon outside QD Stores in Beccles with the assembling of the annual Teddy Bears Parade to the quay, with the Beach Bunny and Andy the Clown also taking part.
BECCLES Carnival takes place on Sunday with something to offer for all the family.
The fun begins tomorrow at noon outside QD Stores in Beccles with the assembling of the annual Teddy Bears Parade to the quay, with the Beach Bunny and Andy the Clown also taking part.
The event, sponsored by Toy Box, invites children of all ages to dress up their bears and join in with some fun, games and prizes.
Youngsters can be registered for the baby competition which is taking place later at the quay, sponsored by Richard Sturman Photography.
You may also want to watch:
No entries will be accepted at the quay; they must be pre-registered outside QD.
Moore Music Roadshow will lead the parade to the quay for the afternoon's entertainment, which also includes the annual fancy dress competition, running races and the KYSLR Roadshow with games.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 5 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 6 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
Admission is free but donations are encouraged.
Sunday sees the traditional carnival procession begin at 1pm from Rainbow car park. It will make its way along Gosford Road, Peddars Lane, St Mary's Road, Ballygate, New Market, The Walk, Northgate and Fen Lane before it finishes at the Quay where the fun starts.
This year's parade will include a marching blues band along with lots of other entrants.
Volunteers with official collecting buckets will be out in force.
This year's quayside entertainment has a new attraction with a static rally of steam engines, stationary vehicles, classic and vintage cars and Harley Davidson motorcycles.
A special feature will be the Woodton Lady, who is celebrating her 100th birthday, alongside stalls, games and a fully licensed bar.
Stocks funfair is open at the Quay from today until Monday.
Entry to both days is free, but to enable the team to carry on with free admission a donation can be made to one of the official collectors
Full details from www.becclescarnival.co.uk or follow it on facebook www.facebook.com/becclescarnival