Come on, get ready to party!
BECCLES Carnival takes place on Sunday with something to offer for all the family.The fun begins tomorrow at noon outside QD Stores in Beccles with the assembling of the annual Teddy Bears Parade to the quay, with the Beach Bunny and Andy the Clown also taking part.
BECCLES Carnival takes place on Sunday with something to offer for all the family.
The fun begins tomorrow at noon outside QD Stores in Beccles with the assembling of the annual Teddy Bears Parade to the quay, with the Beach Bunny and Andy the Clown also taking part.
The event, sponsored by Toy Box, invites children of all ages to dress up their bears and join in with some fun, games and prizes.
Youngsters can be registered for the baby competition which is taking place later at the quay, sponsored by Richard Sturman Photography.
You may also want to watch:
No entries will be accepted at the quay; they must be pre-registered outside QD.
Moore Music Roadshow will lead the parade to the quay for the afternoon's entertainment, which also includes the annual fancy dress competition, running races and the KYSLR Roadshow with games.
- 1 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 2 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 3 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 4 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 5 Spate of catalytic converter thefts from vehicles sparks warning
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Tariff for housebuilders to protect East Suffolk habitats
- 8 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 9 Limit on mourners at funerals to be lifted from May 17
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
Admission is free but donations are encouraged.
Sunday sees the traditional carnival procession begin at 1pm from Rainbow car park. It will make its way along Gosford Road, Peddars Lane, St Mary's Road, Ballygate, New Market, The Walk, Northgate and Fen Lane before it finishes at the Quay where the fun starts.
This year's parade will include a marching blues band along with lots of other entrants.
Volunteers with official collecting buckets will be out in force.
This year's quayside entertainment has a new attraction with a static rally of steam engines, stationary vehicles, classic and vintage cars and Harley Davidson motorcycles.
A special feature will be the Woodton Lady, who is celebrating her 100th birthday, alongside stalls, games and a fully licensed bar.
Stocks funfair is open at the Quay from today until Monday.
Entry to both days is free, but to enable the team to carry on with free admission a donation can be made to one of the official collectors
Full details from www.becclescarnival.co.uk or follow it on facebook www.facebook.com/becclescarnival