Road to close for three days as surface improvement works take place
- Credit: Archant
A road which stretches between Beccles and Worlingham is set to be closed for three days while much-needed surface improvement work is carried out.
Suffolk Highways plan to complete the work on Coney Hill between Friday, October 12 and Thursday, October 18 - the exact days of the work are yet to be specified but will not take place during the weekend.
A highways spokesman said: “This is necessary to improved the existing road surface and prepare for surface dressing taking place at a later date.”
The road will be temporarily closed between 9am and 4pm to through traffic for the duration of the works.
The spokesman added: “While works are in progress access to properties and businesses will be available but controlled by staff on site.
You may also want to watch:
“Please speak to one of our staff who will provide access as soon as it is safe to do so.”
During the period of closure traffic will be diverted to Ellough Road and on street parking will also be restricted.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles