Road to close for three days as surface improvement works take place
- Credit: Archant
A road which stretches between Beccles and Worlingham is set to be closed for three days while much-needed surface improvement work is carried out.
Suffolk Highways plan to complete the work on Coney Hill between Friday, October 12 and Thursday, October 18 - the exact days of the work are yet to be specified but will not take place during the weekend.
A highways spokesman said: “This is necessary to improved the existing road surface and prepare for surface dressing taking place at a later date.”
The road will be temporarily closed between 9am and 4pm to through traffic for the duration of the works.
The spokesman added: “While works are in progress access to properties and businesses will be available but controlled by staff on site.
You may also want to watch:
“Please speak to one of our staff who will provide access as soon as it is safe to do so.”
During the period of closure traffic will be diverted to Ellough Road and on street parking will also be restricted.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?