Road to close for three days as surface improvement works take place
- Credit: Archant
A road which stretches between Beccles and Worlingham is set to be closed for three days while much-needed surface improvement work is carried out.
Suffolk Highways plan to complete the work on Coney Hill between Friday, October 12 and Thursday, October 18 - the exact days of the work are yet to be specified but will not take place during the weekend.
A highways spokesman said: “This is necessary to improved the existing road surface and prepare for surface dressing taking place at a later date.”
The road will be temporarily closed between 9am and 4pm to through traffic for the duration of the works.
The spokesman added: “While works are in progress access to properties and businesses will be available but controlled by staff on site.
You may also want to watch:
“Please speak to one of our staff who will provide access as soon as it is safe to do so.”
During the period of closure traffic will be diverted to Ellough Road and on street parking will also be restricted.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 3 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 4 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 5 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 6 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 7 Renowned 'craft brewery' snapped up by trio of beer lovers
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 10 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead