Conference centre open day a success
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A fun day held to raise the profile of a conference centre in Ditchingham has been hailed a success after visitors enjoyed browsing a range of stalls and even got to take a dip in the outdoor pool.
The Belsey Bridge Conference Centre, which is part of the Christian Conference Trust (CCT), hosted the event for the first time with about 12 stall holders displaying jewellery, books, plants and refreshments.
Children also enjoyed playing on the bouncy castle at the event last Saturday, which included a visit from the Bungay Area Lions Club ensuring a fun family atmosphere was encountered in the warm weather.
Visitors were able to look round the grounds of the 20 acre centre, along with the facilities on offer at the centre- which hosts a huge variety of different groups during the year, and as well as conferences and group events for up to 110 delegates.
It also caters for day conferences, bed and breakfast, private functions, meetings and Christmas dinners.
You may also want to watch:
Business development manager Zofia Fronek said: “We wanted to show people that it is not just conferences we offer. We also offer bed and breakfast deals and private functions so people can come to us on their special day.
“We want to get word out about our centres and a proportion of what we took is going directly to charity.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 8 Stars of Norfolk and Waveney 2021: A look back at last year's winner
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
“The weather was kind to us and a lot of people said they hadn’t been to see us before. The kids enjoyed the bouncy castle and a few people were in the swimming pool as well.”