Contest for young musicians returns with new category
- Credit: Archant
Young musicians are being given the chance to enter two competitions organised by the Rotary Club of Beccles.
The Young Musician of the Year competition is now in its second year, and following the success of the first contest in February, is now being extended to include a second category for Young Vocalist of the Year.
The competitions are open to all students or their teachers living in the Waveney area, and provides an opportunity for youngsters to perform competitively and increase their musical skills and stage presence.
Contestants must be under the age of 18 by December 31, 2015, and studying and mastering the skills needed to perform.
The finals of the competition will take place at Beccles Public Hall on February 28, 2016, at 7pm, and will be judged by an accredited adjudicator. Entrants will need to perform two pieces of music which show different tempo, flexibility and mood.
You may also want to watch:
Copies of the music will be needed at the final stage, to be handed in on the night prior to the performance.
Feedback will be given on performance and stage presence and the successful competitors in each category will receive a trophy.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 10 Theatre group to put on Joseph show - 17 months after original date
Medals will also be given to second and third places and all competitors will receive a certificate of entry.
The closing date for entries is November 30, and forms are available from the Public Hall, your teacher or Colleen Simpson.
The entry fee is £5 and cheques should be made payable to The Rotary Club of Beccles and sent to Rotary Vocation Chair, Colleen Simpson, Oak Tree Folly, Toad Row, Henstead, Beccles, NR34 7LG.
For more information email email@example.com