Large amount of cannabis found in village drugs raid
- Credit: Lowestoft Police
Officers from Lowestoft's Safer Neighbourhood Team have found cannabis during a drugs raid on a property.
One person has been charged under the misuse of drugs act after the drugs were found at North Cove, Suffolk.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: "Officers have attended a property at North Cove in Beccles on 10 December to conduct a warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
"Upon entry officers located large amount of suspected cannabis in the living room area.
"A male was arrested on suspicion of possession of drugs with intent to supply and taken to Great Yarmouth PIC for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
"48 year old Dennis Roberts of The Pastures, North Cove was charged with production of cannabis, in contravention of the Misuse of Drugs Act.
"He was released on bail to appear before Ipswich Magistrates on 27 January 2021."
- 1 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 4 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 5 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 6 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch