Large amount of cannabis found in village drugs raid
- Credit: Lowestoft Police
Officers from Lowestoft's Safer Neighbourhood Team have found cannabis during a drugs raid on a property.
One person has been charged under the misuse of drugs act after the drugs were found at North Cove, Suffolk.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: "Officers have attended a property at North Cove in Beccles on 10 December to conduct a warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
"Upon entry officers located large amount of suspected cannabis in the living room area.
"A male was arrested on suspicion of possession of drugs with intent to supply and taken to Great Yarmouth PIC for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
"48 year old Dennis Roberts of The Pastures, North Cove was charged with production of cannabis, in contravention of the Misuse of Drugs Act.
"He was released on bail to appear before Ipswich Magistrates on 27 January 2021."
- 1 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 5 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 6 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 7 Mortgage brokers win prestigious national award
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen during early morning theft in Ellough