Cash stolen after home in Halesworth is burgled
- Credit: Google Images
Cash was stolen from a home during a burglary in broad daylight.
Police are seeking witnesses and are appealing for information following a burglary at a home on Douglas Close in Halesworth.
A police spokesman said: "On Tuesday, August 17 between 10.30am and 1.20pm an unknown person or persons has entered a rear garden to a home.
"An attempt to force open a bedroom window was unsuccessful.
"Access to the property was made by forcing open a kitchen window.
"An untidy search of the bedroom was undertaken and an amount of cash was stolen."
The burglar left by the back door using a key left in the lock.
- 1 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 2 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 3 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 4 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 5 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 6 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 7 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 8 Suffolk records sunniest June in nearly 50 years
- 9 Quad bike rider in hospital with serious injuries after two-vehicle crash
- 10 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
Anybody with information regarding the incident should contact the East CID Team 2 quoting crime reference number 37/45230/21 on 101.
Alternatively you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100 per cent anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via its online form.