Man, 34, arrested after cannabis found during police stop
- Credit: Google Images
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drug offences after a car was stopped by police in Lowestoft.
Officers stopped a black Vauxhall Astra as it was being driven on Yarmouth Road in the town on Monday, April 26.
A police spokesman said: "All the occupants were searched under the Misuse of Drugs Act with a quantity of cannabis discovered on one of the occupants of the vehicle.
"A 34-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis and on suspicion of failing a drug driving test.
"He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning."
The man was subsequently released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Information to Lowestoft police on 101 or email Mark.Williams2@suffolk.police.uk
Alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100 per cent anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via their online form www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 9 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks