Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- Credit: Suffolk Police
A 34-year-old man from the Bungay area has been arrested by police on suspicion of a drugs offence.
Investigations are continuing after a new policing team carried out patrols in Beccles over the weekend, with cannabis being seized by officers.
The Neighbourhood Crime Proactive team – or Kestrel team – is dedicated to tackling criminal and ASB challenges that emerge in a particular area.
Supporting Suffolk Police’s capability to address crime and associated anti-social behaviour across the county in apparent ‘hotspots’, they can help tackle issues and concerns which local communities have raised to local officers.
With the Kestrel team carrying out extensive patrols in Beccles on Sunday, November 22, a police spokesman said: "The Kestrel team were once again in our area and during these patrols a male was stop searched under the misuse of drugs act.
You may also want to watch:
"Officers seized five bags of cannabis from the male.
"A 34-year-old man from the Bungay area was arrested and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre before being released under investigation."
- 1 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 4 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 5 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash