Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- Credit: Suffolk Police
A 34-year-old man from the Bungay area has been arrested by police on suspicion of a drugs offence.
Investigations are continuing after a new policing team carried out patrols in Beccles over the weekend, with cannabis being seized by officers.
The Neighbourhood Crime Proactive team – or Kestrel team – is dedicated to tackling criminal and ASB challenges that emerge in a particular area.
Supporting Suffolk Police’s capability to address crime and associated anti-social behaviour across the county in apparent ‘hotspots’, they can help tackle issues and concerns which local communities have raised to local officers.
With the Kestrel team carrying out extensive patrols in Beccles on Sunday, November 22, a police spokesman said: "The Kestrel team were once again in our area and during these patrols a male was stop searched under the misuse of drugs act.
You may also want to watch:
"Officers seized five bags of cannabis from the male.
"A 34-year-old man from the Bungay area was arrested and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre before being released under investigation."
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 7 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing