Man charged with attempted murder and kidnapping
- Credit: Reece Hanson
A man has appeared in court charged with attempted murder and kidnapping after an incident which began in a Norfolk village and ended almost 50 miles away in Ipswich.
Christopher Crichton appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, April 28 via videolink from Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre following the incident on Monday, April 26.
The 32-year-old, of Park Street in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, wore a dark top and Covid mask and spoke only to confirm his details during the brief hearing.
The case was formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on May 14, with Crichton remanded in custody.
Crichton was initially taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre following his arrest, but was then transferred to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre to be interviewed on Tuesday.
Norfolk Police had been called shortly after 8.40am to reports a woman had been seen in distress in the Yarmouth Road area of Kirby Cane, near Bungay, before being driven away from the address.
Suffolk Police were then called after a woman was found with stab wounds in Nacton, near Ipswich at 11.20am.
- 1 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 2 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 3 Improving town's connectivity could 'attract more residents and visitors'
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 9 Schools in ‘very difficult position’ over pupil classroom face mask changes
- 10 Teenager given big break with weekly show on coastal radio station
She was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries, where she remains in a stable condition.