Man charged with attempted murder and kidnapping
- Credit: Reece Hanson
A man has appeared in court charged with attempted murder and kidnapping after an incident which began in a Norfolk village and ended almost 50 miles away in Ipswich.
Christopher Crichton appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, April 28 via videolink from Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre following the incident on Monday, April 26.
The 32-year-old, of Park Street in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, wore a dark top and Covid mask and spoke only to confirm his details during the brief hearing.
The case was formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on May 14, with Crichton remanded in custody.
Crichton was initially taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre following his arrest, but was then transferred to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre to be interviewed on Tuesday.
Norfolk Police had been called shortly after 8.40am to reports a woman had been seen in distress in the Yarmouth Road area of Kirby Cane, near Bungay, before being driven away from the address.
Suffolk Police were then called after a woman was found with stab wounds in Nacton, near Ipswich at 11.20am.
- 1 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 4 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 5 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 9 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
She was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries, where she remains in a stable condition.