Man charged with attempted murder and kidnapping
- Credit: Reece Hanson
A man has appeared in court charged with attempted murder and kidnapping after an incident which began in a Norfolk village and ended almost 50 miles away in Ipswich.
Christopher Crichton appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, April 28 via videolink from Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre following the incident on Monday, April 26.
The 32-year-old, of Park Street in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, wore a dark top and Covid mask and spoke only to confirm his details during the brief hearing.
The case was formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on May 14, with Crichton remanded in custody.
Crichton was initially taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre following his arrest, but was then transferred to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre to be interviewed on Tuesday.
Norfolk Police had been called shortly after 8.40am to reports a woman had been seen in distress in the Yarmouth Road area of Kirby Cane, near Bungay, before being driven away from the address.
Suffolk Police were then called after a woman was found with stab wounds in Nacton, near Ipswich at 11.20am.
- 1 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 2 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 5 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 10 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
She was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries, where she remains in a stable condition.