Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- Credit: HTC
Vandals have smashed lights on a toilet block at a park near Halesworth town centre.
The incident happened at some point between 8am on Tuesday and 8am on Wednesday in the park in Saxons Way, Suffolk police said.
A Suffolk police spokesman said a toilet block was vandalised, causing damage to lights, roofing and guttering.
Halesworth Town Council said in a statement on social media: "It's a shame some people feel this is entertainment but apparently they do.
"Vandalism is not a creative way to vent your frustration and playing with electricity is particularly stupid.
"Take responsibility for yourself and the community you live in."
Enquiries are ongoing into the incident.
- 1 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 2 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 3 Beccles mother publishes new children's book
- 4 War medals and ancient antiques stolen in south Norfolk burglary
- 5 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 6 'Bus week' scheme to protect 'lifeline' route in town
- 7 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
- 9 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 10 A146 near Beccles closed by police after crash
Anyone with information related to the incident is urged to contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference number 37/40607/22.