Enquiris continue into theft of copper cabling from business
- Credit: Google Maps
Enquiries are continuing after copper cabling was stolen from a business in Holton last month.
Police were called at about 1.45am on Tuesday, March 22, to reports of a suspicious vehicle and people at a property in Sparrowhawk Road, Holton.
This followed an incident at the same location the previous night, where a large amount of copper cabling was stolen.
Police searched the area and stopped a Mercedes Sprinter van at about 2.45am.
Several tools were found within the vehicle, including bolt croppers, tin snips, screwdrivers and a hammer.
A 24-year-old man from Ipswich, along with a 20-year-old man and an 18-year-old man, both from Dartford in Kent, were arrested on suspicion of theft and going equipped for stealing.
All three were taken to Great Yarmouth police investigation centre for questioning and were released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
- 1 Wine dating back to 1960s discovered hidden at town store
- 2 Dinosaur spotted at Beccles Lido as part of Jurassic World film campaign
- 3 Town's popular card shop waves goodbye after five years
- 4 Find a new family for cat made homeless after a puppy moved in
- 5 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 6 Drivers asked to avoid area after two-vehicle crash closes Suffolk road
- 7 Centre's open day to feature opening of garden in GP's memory
- 8 Cost of living crisis - What impact is it having on local businesses?
- 9 Former Waveney MP Bob Blizzard dies aged 71
- 10 Fringe events start in run up to Beccles Food and Drink Festival
A spokesperson for Suffolk Police this week confirmed the trio remain under investigation, with no further arrests made as enquiries continue.